• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Snow Will Rise

Snow Will Rise

When snowmen rise, the only thing you can do is hide, but not for long, they'll catch you eventually.
#SnowmenRising

http://bit.ly/zzhsXK
Please watch and if you like it share it :)

I know that there are some major flaws, it was a very quick filming that I did on a school night in about 30 minutes, the snow was melting and I had to rush to get it filmed on that day or the next day the snow would be gone. I worked reasonably hard on it and am pretty happy with it, I know that the snow man in parts is flat -looking and weird but that is once again a product of rushing.

If you hate it, tell me why, if you like it - then pop a comment and a like and perhaps a share? If you really like it - do all the above and subscribe too :)

I liked it but you had to give the snowman a reason. As you have it, there is no purpose for the snowman to want to kill. I know it sounds dumb, considering the fact that we are talking about a snowman, but even the impossible has to make sense in its simplest form.

Also the noises(door opening and snowman sliding?) were extremely loud. You should lower the volume on those. I was listening on speaker and they were annoying, I camt even imagine if I had had my headphones on.

Besides those things, I thought it was well lit and it was actually funny. I will like to see more from the crazy snowman ;)

I liked it but you had to give the snowman a reason. As you have it, there is no purpose for the snowman to want to kill. I know it sounds dumb, considering the fact that we are talking about a snowman, but even the impossible has to make sense in its simplest form.

Also the noises(door opening and snowman sliding?) were extremely loud. You should lower the volume on those. I was listening on speaker and they were annoying, I camt even imagine if I had had my headphones on.

Besides those things, I thought it was well lit and it was actually funny. I will like to see more from the crazy snowman ;)

About the first statement, i completely understand where you're coming from and I thought about giving a bit of a back story - but at the end of the day, I came up with a little bit of an idea of a snowman horror story and just rushed into it. I probably should've thought about it abit more, putting a reason would've been even better, i might make a sort of prequel - what happened to cause the snow man to kill. For the noises, I personally didn't think they were too loud, I've been using headphones while editing, although they were quite odd headphones that i found in one of my old draws becausee my usual ones broke.

Apart from that though, thanks :D I worked hard on the lighting for this one and had to do a lot of experimenting with my camera's settings.

Heh, it ended up not going anywhere.

It's a pretty awesome concept, though. Maybe fill out a whole story about this killer snowman, and plan to shoot it next winter? Gives you a lot of time to prepare. :)

For the short, he could have had a yellow spot on him and he was coming in to knife the dog. :lol:

Seriously, that was relatively well done.

Maybe someone stole the snowmans hat and he wanted it back or to get revenge. Or maybe someone killed his girlfriend that was also a snowman next to him (snowoman)..... Ha....

Back