Use of Logos

Can I use companie's logos in the final credits of a movie?
I hava a Canon 5d mark II. Can I put the canon's logo on the credits?

Thank you!

I suggest you contact Canon and ask permission. Since this is
advertising I suspect they will grant permission.

A side question: Why do you want to advertise the product you
purchased? I can understand if Canon was to pay you to advertise
their product - I don't quite understand why you want to advertise
for them for free.

@directoric

Well, I'm not want to advertise them. I just think it gets a look a little more professional on the credits, since you always see the cameras, films and lenses used in the movie...
No realy important reason. :)

Thank you!

Logo's are TRADEMARKED™, so you absolutely have to get written permission to use them in your credits (or in any way whatsoever). Simply writing in the credits "shot on a Canon 5DmkII" doesn't cost a thing, nor do you have to ask.

Just my two cents -- I don't think there's any reason to do this. I suspect that the Hollywood studios are under contract to show the product it was shot on, etc. That's probably just part of the deal, for getting the product for a particular price, or whatever. I don't think they put it there to look more professional. I could be wrong, but my instincts are telling me that those end-credit logos are nothing more than contractually-obligated advertisements.

"Regular" audience members don't notice that crap. The only people who would notice your logos in the credits would be filmmakers, and we'd all be like, "so what?" In my honest opinion, you wouldn't really be accomplishing what you're hoping for, and would only be giving Canon free advertising.

@directoric

Well, I'm not want to advertise them. I just think it gets a look a little more professional on the credits, since you always see the cameras, films and lenses used in the movie...
You always see this because the companies pay to have their
logo there. As CF said, no one watching your movie cares what
camera you used. But if you feel it will make you look more
professional then you need to get permission.

Back