• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Debut little movie - thoughts? Comments? Critiques??

Guys!

Here's my debut little movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DulaJ7rmw7s

Can you just keep commenting and critique and encourage??

Best!

Edoardo

Hey Edoardo , I really liked it. The acting was suspenseful, and the camera work was adequate. Lighting was strong too, moody when it needed to be moody, and bright when necessary. It felt a little cramped, which I know you were going for, but I am eager to see what happens when you go out into the world. Nice short, and welcome to IT.

For starters, technically, this doesn't really belong in the "narrative" section. This is definitely more "experimental". Whatever, no big deal on that.

Okay, so I'm gonna be honest -- I actually stopped watching it, a couple minutes in. But then I changed my mind, and decided to re-start it. I'm glad I went back and finished it, because the payoff works really well. When I finally got what this movie is about, the message struck home. The ending is VERY effective, in my opinion.

You just take too long to set it up, in my opinion. I think this could deliver the exact same ideas, in about half the time, and you'd have a better chance of retaining the attention-spans of audience members like myself.

It has a nice aesthetic, and your actress is terrific! Overall, kudos, for a job well done!

My attention span quit at 3:37.

But there's so much to like about this visually so I'm not going to criticize except to say it's unfinished. Some of the suggestions from the previous poster should be considered.

Good luck.

I'm with Cracker Funk

I have a short attention span unless something grabs me. it did in the beginning and I got a bit bored. It's well executed tho, good sound, good editing. I liked the 1st girl, the spoilt one, it really made me hate her as I hate that kind too :)

As Cracker Funk said, it could have been done in half the time

My two cents...

I found it too boring. Seemed too long in getting along. It was too artsy for me I guess.

The above said, the actress is talented in my opinion.

Back