• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Operation: Woodcutter

Looks pretty legit. :cool:

Handwork wasn't too jerky at all. Liked that long swoop around the guy, at 30+ secs in. What are you using for that? That the Nighthawk thing you listed?

Really nice cinematography, but seemed like it was just a tiny part of something bigger.

"Soldier running around in woods and nothing much happens" is a bit of a low-budget staple but it felt tense and held my attention, mainly due to the camerawork. Just wish it had done something a bit more interesting at the end.

Brill Phil.
Excelent handheld. Only one defocus\rack looked like it was NOT on purpose.

What do you think of the plugin, what IS it really doing?

Thanks

WOW! Thanks guys! This is huge of you Wheatgrinder! The idea behind this was to focus on the cinematography! I had my Tripod with me, but I thought that the Handheld stuff would look better! Really like the Hangrip Nighthawk!

Zensteve, yes, that swoop was also done with the Nighthawk. It's a great, affordable rig!

There were only two shots, which weren't done with the Rig. These two were shot with the Kessler Crane Pocket Dolly, which is also lovely! (Tripwire shot - with very shallow depth of field and focus) and the shot after that!

I think this also proves to show that you can create something with a very cheap body (T2i) and one single, good lens (Samyang 35mm F1.4)! I didn't need anything else!

Dandevans, I know what you mean! This was merely just to show something to people and to get something done with the Cinelook Plugin.
If this gets an even better response, I will probably get onto something bigger with a storyline and more actors, when I have free time!

Wheatgrinder, I am just uploading a little User Report on CineLook! Should be uploaded in around 5 mins!

A note on the grading too actually - a lot of this is down to stylistic taste but to me in some shots (mostly the mid/long shots with a lot of foliage) it seemed a little washed out - like a LOT of the image was in the mid range. Also, without the shallow DOF blurring the background the main guy gets a little lost in the image sometimes. I've found that subtly darkening down the less important parts of the image (like a vignette but a bit more targeted) can help make the characters "pop" a little more - but he was in camo so maybe he was supposed to be hard to spot ;)

This is good work. Technically speaking, definitely one of the more professional shorts.

The trip-wire cutting was right out of a Hollywood FX department.

Couple of pictures:

That's all the kit:
IMG_1128.jpg

This is me:
IMG_1133.jpg

My bro:
IMG_1155.jpg

Filming the Trip-wire shot with the Kessler Pocket Dolly
IMG_1151.jpg

Just want to say, i am really impressed Phil, i've just spent the last hour looking at your vids and it was actually quite inspirational, to see someone so dedicated to their art and just knowing how to get the best from their tools.

Back