• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Echoes - Post Apocalyptic Thriller [TRAILER]

I really liked the looks and camera work. But overall the teaser doesn't intrigue me enough to add the link to my favorites in order to keep track of it. I would consider adding more to the trailer. I would lower the volume of the voice and maybe even try a differenf person with a more distinct/special tone. I would also add some type of music to the teaser to bring a more dramatic feel to it. There are a lot of post-apocalyptic shorts online and you will need to differentiate yourself from the rest.

Keep working on it and post anything new.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Sorry man.. there isn't much going on to grab my attention..
With the teaser trailer you should be able to tell me why i should watch this movie.

You had a shot of the soldier creeping up to a sitting person, with the back turned.
The teaser would show something like as the solder creeps up, we see that the man's face is EATTEN! Bah! Or the man turns around, and they aim their guns at eachother as something crazy happening (nuclear mushroom cloud on BG)...
Something along the line of "Holy f**k! That was crazy! What is going on with them!?!"

But a guy walking/standing and looking into horizon is kind of too plain.

Also, the monologue is not interesting.. "time.. years.. months"..
Not really leading anywhere. Why should we care that you stopped at "Seconds", and not on minutes? What is the significant point of seconds? he has seconds to live? Every 30 seconds something happening?

Seconds/lonely man/title "echoes" are just words that are not connected.. try to bring all of these three elements together, and make us go "Ooh that was cool! So the man has seconds to live, and he is all alone, and he hears echoes from other people.." or something along the lines.

Just my 2 cents.
Cinematography looks great though! Looks like you guys spent some good time on the props! Let us know how the project will come out.

Thanks for the good feedback guys! We have yet to film our more action-y stuff yet, we're filming all of that tomorrow. We're planning on releasing a more detailed trailer at a later date. We'll definitely take your advice on board!

It looked good, but there wasn't anything that drew me in.

The time monologue didn't seem to contain anything other than a list of words. I know one might be wanting to create intrigue, but I believe that is attained by presenting a conflict (however minor or major that may be) otherwise, why would someone be interested?

It would be interesting to see how this could be tweaked to create more intrigue.

Film.
Trailer.

Two different things.

The film could be interesting as all get out.
THIS trailer doesn't have enough in it that we haven't seen plenty of already.
As Henry Spencer above just stated "there wasn't anything that drew me in."

Guys with guns. Gas mask. Field with an unremarkable structure with some smoke.

Umm... okay.
What else this film got?

Ditch the V.O., as well.

GL

Thank you for your feedback. We won't be tweaking this trailer, instead we'll release a more lengthy one at a later date.
Ditch this trailer.
Make the other one contain enough information that we get a likable idea to "invest" in.
Change the format entirely.

Last edited:
It looked good, but there wasn't anything that drew me in.

The time monologue didn't seem to contain anything other than a list of words. I know one might be wanting to create intrigue, but I believe that is attained by presenting a conflict (however minor or major that may be) otherwise, why would someone be interested?

It would be interesting to see how this could be tweaked to create more intrigue.

Thank you for your feedback. We won't be tweaking this trailer, instead we'll release a more lengthy one at a later date.

Film.
Trailer.

Two different things.

The film could be interesting as all get out.
THIS trailer doesn't have enough in it that we haven't seen plenty of already.
As Henry Spencer above just stated "there wasn't anything that drew me in."

Guys with guns. Gas mask. Field with an unremarkable structure with some smoke.

Umm... okay.
What else this film got?

Ditch the V.O., as well.

GL

Ditch this trailer.
Make the other one contain enough information that we get a likable idea to "invest" in.
Change the format entirely.

We don't have substantial footage yet to release a plot-orientated trailer, we literally just posted this to show to some friends at school and for them to get an idea of the visual style, colour correction etc. Thanks for your feedback though, we do see what you mean.

One small piece of advice, don't ever put something online for others to see/critique when it is not fully finished - unless it is an invite only site or password protected. Or make certain that you explain what the reasoning is for posting it, kind of like this one where you only needed your friends to see it.

Why would you put your unfinished work out for people to see if you know it is not done? If you hadn't said that about wanting to have your friends see it, I would had probably not bother to keep track of it.

One small piece of advice, don't ever put something online for others to see/critique when it is not fully finished - unless it is an invite only site or password protected. Or make certain that you explain what the reasoning is for posting it, kind of like this one where you only needed your friends to see it.

Why would you put your unfinished work out for people to see if you know it is not done? If you hadn't said that about wanting to have your friends see it, I would had probably not bother to keep track of it.

Thanks for your feedback! We're not afraid of criticism, in fact on a site like this we expect it!

I would prefer to think of this trailer as a "Teaser Trailer" than a trailer. I've seen some teaser trailers for actual feature films with big budgets that weren't much more than a single shot or so. That isn't to say they were good trailers. A real trailer is where you have a chance to make something truly engaging and attention grabbing.

Back