• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch OXYMORONS - 4 minute video

I dug it lots. It's from George, who I've worked with on sevral shorts, so I thought I'd give them some props.

My only complaint was the lighting. It's a spoof of children's programing, but it wasn't lit like a normal children's show.

Poke

Hmmm... I agree on the production design point of view... The parody could have been stronger if had had more links with child-like learning programmes (seasame street similarites) in terms of lighting / design etc! The idea was good though!

I noticed the lighting too. Don't get me wrong, it was good lighting...just inapropriate for the subject. It should have been lit more brightly to make it look similar to kids shows and stuff (in my opinion). The acting was absolutely great though. Funny stuff.

I had nothing to do witht he production myself, but I overlooked any kind of technicals because the concept was so funny & well performed.

I was completely lost in the idea and joke.

Ok that was pretty funny :lol:

Clever, too, what else can you possibly do with a puppet, a guitar comic (oxy moron), and a veggie burger (oxy moron)?

You used that same set for the DMV film right? Is that like your college or local theater?

Good job on the technical end too, but yeah if the font could have been jazier it would have been nice, and if the set was more decorated, but really whats there is solid and pretty well lit and sounds good. I like the sound fx too ;)

WideShot said:
You used that same set for the DMV film right? Is that like your college or local theater?

Nope. I had nothign to do with this production & they were shot in very different locations. This was shot in the bar where the Improv troupe performs.

exactly my style of humor. by the time the line "fucking impotent" came around, i had fallen out of my seat.

peter john ross, you are an inspiration to us all.

Most everyone has covered the critiques I would have mentioned, so I just want to say I love the dialogue. This is hilarious, and great acting!

The great dialouge makes up for any shortcomings it may have had in design... and it wouldn't be the most complicated thing to reshoot if they really wanted...

That was great. Fucking impotent... I'm gonna remember that.

locust tree said:
peter john ross, you are an inspiration to us all.

But I had nothing to do with this production...

This is written & directed by GEORGE CALEODIS, shot by MIGUEL BALDONI-OLIVENCIA, and produced by JON OSBECK.

It was don based on sketches from the Improv group OUT OF OUR HEADS ( www.outofourheads.com )

Back