Machinima Channel on YouTube has 125 million viewers.

You're welcome, trueindie. I've been saying that the internet will change things.

How about this for an idea: do a bunch of low-budget movies, or maybe even one series, and see what sticks. Then you can get funding for a better film or series.

You're welcome, trueindie. I've been saying that the internet will change things.

How about this for an idea: do a bunch of low-budget movies, or maybe even one series, and see what sticks. Then you can get funding for a better film or series.

I think the secret is subject matter. These guys combined zombies with gamers. genius

production value doesn't have to be high. youtube is going to be more forgiving than distribution companies. So in my opinion, subject matter is the determining factor.... so maybe... Zombie Kittens...:D

Machinima acquires almost all of their content too from other people. They make it and send it to them, Machinima uploads it and pays the creator nothing, or at best very very little. They have a built in audience of gamers fr before they were a YouTube hit also.

It's not hard to hit it big on YouTube, you just need to be able to launch quality content daily that costs next to nothing so what you do pull on from ad sharing is profit. But I guess that is hard :)

"It's not hard to hit it big on YouTube, you just need to be able to launch quality content daily that costs next to nothing so what you do pull on from ad sharing is profit. "

Yep, and with that business model I'd rather stick to my current day job.
I view youtube as a means to an end, not an end itself.

Machinima acquires almost all of their content too from other people. They make it and send it to them, Machinima uploads it and pays the creator nothing, or at best very very little. They have a built in audience of gamers fr before they were a YouTube hit also.

It's not hard to hit it big on YouTube, you just need to be able to launch quality content daily that costs next to nothing so what you do pull on from ad sharing is profit. But I guess that is hard :)

That's right. I'd heard this about machinima. sucks that they pay so little.

I think you've got something there about youtube and volume of content.

Absolutely accurate.

And too that Machinima is several years spawned, it is no short cut and is just as hard to play on the net.

Back