• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rojo - Wicked Corrida

Hi guys!

We had this short we shot last summer and it finally got worth showing. We shot it just before Echo (Posted here somewhere) but we couldn't get the music for it so it had to wait. Hope it s as fun as it was to shoot ^^

We have some big project coming up with some equipment we got. It should get as good as we want it to be!
Keep posted!

During the meantime enjoy RoJoooOoo ^^

http://youtu.be/ou4yoyVmI_0

Hi, Evades

LOL! That looks like it was fun to shoot.
Great voice over voice. Recorded well. I wish I understood what I presume is Spanish. (Could be Portuguese for all I know!)
I haven't the slightest idea what a "wicked corrida" is, but it doesn't look good.

Beautiful coloring. Did you adjust in post?
FWIW, Yes, I can tell between the sunny shots @ 0:37 and the overcast shots @ 0:38, and the switching back and forth very easily and I didn't like it.
For continuity you might wanna note those things in the future.
Yes, the audience will notice.

The dubbed over audio for the running steps looks like it was timed well, but did sound a little... crisp.
Ask the audio pros here how you might could soften that up a little and give it more depth.
You may consider the foot step volume increasing as the running man gets closer to the camera, which you did a good job recording, BTW. Shot from the back of a vehicle?

The balance between scene audio and soundtrack was perfect.

Best GD zoom I've ever seen at 1:08!
How many takes did you do to get that?!

The little white car pursuit was fantastic!

With your redhead loco girl bobbing back and forth towards and away from the camera you might wanna keep the aperture as small as you dare for lighting/contrast balance.
That narrow DOF is problematic.
She has a great enthusiastic scream, BTW. :)

That sequence had a nice ROAD WARRIOR essence to it.

With the language barrier and all I couldn't tell WTH happened at the end, though.
Otherwise, this was pretty nice.

GL

Ray

Last edited:
I totally got it (no sound) only, plus I saw subtitles.. ??

I knew the last line before he said it.. but thats ok, it was exactly right.

@rayw Hi Ray!

Thanks for your comment! And sorry for the late answer!

That was fun to shoot indeed! Watching John running up and down the road was priceless ^^
We live in France but most of us have spanish parents or relatives, so except for the spanish title it s all in french. A corrida is this ancient spanish "entertainment" where a man "el matador" kills a bull "el toro" in a choregraphed ritual.

Nope. That s ol' natural coloring ^^

We just got a Zoom H4N sound device which will allow us to have a decent recording quality. We used it in post (we didn t have it when we shot it) for Rojo (Recording the guitar and some additional sounds).

The weather is somewhat capricious around here. It s super windy! We just finished shooting the next short, it was really difficult to shoot (But should be real fun to watch... Vive le cinema! ^^). There was a big cold wave in Europe all windy and stuff. But yeah, for Rojo, we should have waited to shoot some more takes.

Concerning the audio, we should get improving over time with equipment, experience and some help we re getting here and there. In the meantime, we're sorry for your ears! :P

Yeah that was shot from the trunk of a car hehe. Fabien spent a few hours half bent in that trunk.

We took the first take for the soundtrack. Enrique played while watching the short improvisating over the images.

3rd or 4th take for the zoom!

The crew was not at full for Rojo and Aurelien was missing. He s usually in charge of the photography among other things. Shouldn t be the same in the next film which is almost a road movie.
Hehe there was some kind of frenzy in the air. She was quite impressive!

Thanks again for your time, Ray! We reaaaaaally appreciate that!

Back