• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MILFORD- Short Film

Your logo was :20 seconds, followed by 5 seconds of black, followed by repeating what was shown in the logo only this time in text. The first image of your film didn't appear until :41.

I quit watching a few seconds later because the opening shot didn't appear to be worth the :41 second wait.

Moral: with a short, get right to the good stuff, PRONTO! No one cares about your logo and your production company name.

Good luck.

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? Also, what's your favorite movie? I'm only asking to figure out how "Milford" came to be...

At the 4:28 minute mark I really wanted to smash my face against my basement's brick wall... And from then on I was laughing about the whole thing.

Was this a joke or did you really not care for the final product???
This was kind of frustrating to be honest. I just can't understand why you would spend time and energy on something that ends up like this.

I mean, please don't take me wrong, I applaud you for trying and the effort but man was it difficult to watch...

Perhaps another case of a long snazzy logo followed by, well, crap. Too bad the same effort wasn't put into the film as they spent on the logo. :(

I was pm'd by the OP and he pointed out a couple of things about the project. As far as I know now, it was supposed to be a funny film, so in that regard I can see how some of the scenes came to be and their comedic aspect of it.

Again, I'm not here to put anyone down and disrespect their work. It would had been better if the OP had provided this info beforehand for us to have an idea how to view the project.

Joey

I thought it wasn't all that bad. The overall film could benefit from a camera stabilizer and some color grading but it's definitely a start. Also, some of the shots were really out of focus which made it hard to watch. I actually watched the whole thing and I laughed at the end. The ending is so ridiculous it was funny :)

Perhaps another case of a long snazzy logo followed by, well, crap. Too bad the same effort wasn't put into the film as they spent on the logo. :(

You just said in the previous post you didn't even watch the video because the logo was too long.. yet you call the short "crap". Maybe you should look at your own work and concentrate on making it better rather than jabbing at people who have logos in front of their work.

You just said in the previous post you didn't even watch the video because the logo was too long.. yet you call the short "crap". Maybe you should look at your own work and concentrate on making it better rather than jabbing at people who have logos in front of their work.

Uh, no.

---

If someone is going to post a film in here and invite the world to watch it and ask us what we think, I'm not going to lie.

You sir, diverted from the topic at hand and started attacking me. Why the ad hominem comments? Hmm. Anyway, I've thick skin and the upside here is that this line of discussion is likely to help more than a few filmmakers shorten or delete their damn logos. :lol:

BTW, I DID watch the film, :41 seconds of a filmmaker's ego was enough for me. Don't state I didn't watch it.

"It's two L's, you idiot."
"Sorry!"

LOL
Very nice.

The story to the punch line is a skosh lengthy.
All sorts of technical issues to be addressed.

Keep on workin' at it, Justin. :)

Back