• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Test Fight Sample For My Future Films

Just something for practice for my feature length film I'm shooting this year. Shot in 2 hours without a camera operator. Comments much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3C-c4fySxI

Hey Graeme Noble! I remember you from the Stuntpeople forums. Good choreography and delivery, only thing I would comment on (especially for the feature) is "It's all in the face" The body says it wants to fight and do some hurting, but the face and especially the eyes have to convey that too. When you recall 80s HK films, because the action is so good people forget part of the reason why they sell the execution is how mad/sincere they look when they fight. Look violent and look intent on beating the other person. Unless of course the characters are supposed to be really calm. Enjoyed the vid!

Great choreography, Graeme.

The timing of the sound FX was spot on, it just came across as a skosh too... crisp?
Hassle some of the audio pros around here on tailoring audio in editing to set into the scene with the greatest accuracy.

For me this stuff is like cooking: I can't cook but know funny tasting food when I eat it and haven't the slightest idea what's "off". I'd have to ask the chef.
Same thing on the audio.

You got the choreography, editing, and audio FX timing down pat. Just oughtta monkey with audio attributes to bring everything all the way together.

GL

Ray

Thanks for the complimentary comment, Rayw. The sound effects are very crisp and it something I should perhaps look more into. Thanks again.

Back