Straight Plan For the Gay Man: Your Thoughts...

This is a really really really random subject, but what do you guys think about that new Comedy Central show: Straight Plan For the Gay Man? 'Cause I think it is HILARIOUS!

Haven't seen it. I try to steer clear of Comedy Central. For a channel with Comedy in the title, I find it is sorely missing in the laughs dept.

Two exceptions: South Park and The Daily Show

Poke

What about Reno 911, Clerks, I'm With Busy, and awesome stand up comics (along with the occasional bad stand up)?!?! I'm sorry, but I have to disagree!!! Comedy Central is one of my favorite channels (mainly because of the shows you named). They always play the best stand up comedy ever.

P.S. I now realize why you moved this thread. I think I was a little drunk when I posted it, haha.

I havn't seen it, but I love the comedy network. It think it's really funny! And I love that they really support canadian comedy, we need more support for canadian arts like that.
I take off my hat to all funny comics, I think it's a lot harder to make people laugh than to make them cry!

the only thing i watch on comedy central is the chappele show and reno 911 or satnd ups but other than that i really dont like that channel

LOGAN L Productions said:
I say; if you like more than one show on a certain channel, you can't really complain about that channel!!

Well, sorry, but if you gonna say you are Comedy Central, then you better have some decent comedy more than two hours a week.

Poke

I like Comedy Central, although I haven't seen Straight Plan for the Gay Man. Anyway, do we have to be so hostile over opinions for the channel? You either like it or you don't, but I thought the question was about the show anyway.

I haven't seen the show for a while...maybe it got cancelled..DAMN!

I also liked Clone High. Remember that show? It was genius...then it got cancelled.

I think that Viacom (who owns MTV and Comedy Central) is very quick to kill shows before they get a chance to become popular.

I might be wrong, of course, but Comedy Central used to play that show 24/7... now I never see it.

yeah, it's like they keep coming up with all these new ideas and they test them out and then cancel to test more out or something

I think their philosophy is: if it isn't immensly popular after the first season, it's crap.

...which is b.s., because many or most shows start off with low/medium ratings and have to build an audience gradually.

I LOOOVE me some Comedy Central. I haven't seen that show though.

I love stand up comedy, South Park, Daily Show, Chappelle Show, the old comedy movies, old SNL's and Mad TV.

Comedy Central rules.

And Logan... I don't think thats the philosophy b/c Chappelle Show was crap the 1st season but now it's awesome :D

Fuck yo couch, Darkness!!! bwhahaha

I didn't like "Clone High", but I liked "3 South" the college based one with the voice of Brian Dunkleman (former cohost of American Idol) and the Flaming Lips theme song.

Poke

danielle said:
And Logan... I don't think thats the philosophy b/c Chappelle Show was crap the 1st season but now it's awesome :D

I agree...AND I could be wrong, BUT...even though it was "crap", everyone watched it. I think that's what kept it on the air.

It's a lot better now. I thought the very first episode was genius...the black white supremecist...HA! Chappelle is a comic genius....I think sometimes he runs out of stuff to say and some skits get too long and wierd and too boring. Other times, he hits it out of the park! I love his humor...he has awesome musicians on his show too. Good stuff.

Poke: I liked 3 South too!! That got cancelled as well as clone high. MTV tries pretty hard to keep their show catalog top notch....maybe that's why they rerun the same 10 or so shows all the time! Oh well...it works for them I guess, haha.

LOGAN L Productions said:
danielle said:

I agree...AND I could be wrong, BUT...even though it was "crap", everyone watched it. I think that's what kept it on the air.

It's a lot better now. I thought the very first episode was genius...the black white supremecist...HA! Chappelle is a comic genius....I think sometimes he runs out of stuff to say and some skits get too long and wierd and too boring. Other times, he hits it out of the park! I love his humor...he has awesome musicians on his show too. Good stuff.

Poke: I liked 3 South too!! That got cancelled as well as clone high. MTV tries pretty hard to keep their show catalog top notch....maybe that's why they rerun the same 10 or so shows all the time! Oh well...it works for them I guess, haha.
Yes I agree :) I thought most of 1st season was funny but some of it was pretty stupid. the 2nd season is hilarious though! Rick James = Best Skit EVER.

Have you seen him do Stand Up? He is HILARIOUS. They show one in particular on HBO that is so funny. :D

Yeah, the one about seeing the baby selling weed when Dave was in the hood. That was awesome. My favorite part is when he talks about him and his friend getting pulled over.

The best stand up act I've ever seen is Kevin James...the guy from King of Queens. If you haven't seen it, FIND IT! It is one of the funniest acts EVER!

Brian Regan's act is also one of the funniest. It may be tied with Kevin's as the best I've seen. I'm telling you, if you like stand up, you'll love these guys.

Back