Currently in Production... (what are you all up to now?)

Currently in Production... (pre-prod/prod...)

Just thought it would be fantastic to see what all you people are doing at the moment! So, I created this topic for all you active film-makers to post a bit about the project you're currently in pre-production or production for!

From my end, I'm currently working on a short thriller in the UK. Called 'Deadline', It's about an evil red telephone box that manages to destroy the relationship of a man and his wife.
I've almost got my cast sorted and principle photography is set to happen in the early weeks of April - aka - uh oh not long now...
We'll be shooting on s16mm and the final cut is set to last about 8mins. I started work on it way back in september 2003 and have ever since been on the project as Producer / Executive Producer, finding resources and conjuring up what I can from the £9000 budget! I've so far found 7000 with the rest set to come! The funding situation in the UK is a nightmare, as any UK indiefilmers will surely understand!
It's quite a technical film with night shoots and nightmare rain effects, some of which I'm escaping through the godsend of Adobe After Effects. And for most of the shoot we'll be turning a local art centre into a fully functioning sound stage - radical!

So!!! What are you all up to? Spill the beans!

Good topic

Currently in post production on first High Def Feature Film "No Place"

Writing next two features scripts and reworking the company business plan.

Quit my day job this week to write and direct full time.

Also based in the UK, yes funding has been a problem, hence other job.

Ironically, my first short film as a director, was set in a red phone box and also took place in the pouring rain. Good luck with yours. We used a fire engine and various other polys for our rain. It's worth remembering that on close shots it only needs to be raining between the lens and the character.

After recently wrapping up my first High Def feature "Redemption" which I hope you all will see. I have moved my base from LA to Ohio. I am working on two documentary ideas one involving the Beatles the other is on Football (I am in Ohio). I will be directing a PSA for voting and I hopefully will begin writing my next feature after some research next month.

SAR

www.redemptionmovie.com

I am in Pre (still writing) for a short piece I will produce as a tribute to the band Weezer...

Weezer is arguably one of the worlds greatest existing bands and throughout the years, has gone below the radar and may be extremely underappreciated. Their self-titled blue album appears on “top albums of the past century” lists in magazines like Rolling Stone and Spin.If you don't know much about weezer, buy their "blue album" or their album called "Pinkerton" and just listen (these are perhaps their best albums). The script is planned to be written using Weezer lyrics (this is undecided). Some GREAT Weezer songs to download (from napster or something): Say it aint so, Holiday, Pink Triangle, Across the Sea, The Good Life, Only in Dreams, El Scorcho, Photograph, Fall Together, Hash Pipe...WARNING: After listening to any of these songs all the way through, you'll be addicted!!

Anyway, more info on this tribute movie will be available very soon at http://LoganLProductions.com!

Great Ideas

First off everyone's ideas sound great ( i really like the weezer idea, what a great band). I'm in the process of writing my first to scripts, the first is a phycological thriller about a kid who stays home alone for the first time and I'll be filming in July (my parents are goin on a cruise, and instead of a 16 year old lad like myself throwing a house party I'm filming, hahaha). My second script investigates the deconstruction of one man over the course of a week in which everything that could possibly go wrong, does. Good Luck to everyone!!!

~Kyle~

I'm working on a few scripts right now. One based on the book Go Ask Alice, one a psycological about a schizophrenic, one about a college couple, one about a wife that falls deeper away from her marriage and I've been talking to a friend about making a docu about punk music and it's stand in the government and political stuff. yeah. busy. never filmed one of my movies.

Right now, I'm working on the ninth episode of my webseries. Filming has been slow, since conditions here haven't been favorable for it. I'm hoping to finish it before Summer arrives, though.

Hey Steve I caught the first episode of the series. Very entertaining. I will be checking out an episode everyday. Please let us know when you have the others completed.

All teh Best,
SAR

In 2 months since I've been seriously attacking it...

I have about 7 good treatments written, 2 for features, 5 for shorts.

I have about 10 pages written of my first full feature, which I have clearly defined in a rather lengthy treatment I did. The basic story is similar to the Spinal Tap type like Boogie Nights, but with love and other items. Difficult to explain. It hurts to think that the plot style has been done before, but I think the way I do it will be very fresh and styled so that nobody would make comparisons to similar stories.

I would take about the first 10-15 minutes of that feature - basically Act 1 - and make that my first official short.

My serious goal is to shoot that some time around the beginning of summer (anticipating that I can secure the ultra-low budget by then).

Which means I need to get really rolling on finishing pre-production.

...and I am, I'm enrolled in a good Broadcast/Video production program at my school, "Introduction to Multi-Camera direction." I'm meeting people and learning the craft from the bottom up.

Also, anticipating forming a weekly film club at my school with other aspiring filmmakers and TV production professionals.

I'm just twitching in my hands waiting to get started on this stuff... its eating me alive, I just want to start production tomorrow! But I at least need the money for stock and feeding people so it'll be a couple of months.

I agree though, some good stuff in this thread, I can't wait to see it come to be! Weezer though, that takes me back to the start of my social life in middle school, actually my first gf and I decided, "our song" would be Buddy Holly! LOL to be that young and careless again would be fun... for a week :D

I'm working on the script for my fifth short, One, which will be the first project that I've actually taken the time to do some good prepro work on. I'm not sure of the start date yet, but I am hoping it gets done this summer.

It's based on the short story by Jason M. Hauser.

I'm also still trying to raise money for my feature film I Like Clowns, which I would like to shoot early next year.

Poke

Redemption said:
Hey Steve I caught the first episode of the series. Very entertaining. I will be checking out an episode everyday. Please let us know when you have the others completed.

Glad you liked it. I'll update my thread in the Screening Room whenever I finish one.

Okay, I'll join in...

Still trying to market my HD 24p feature film 'Behind the Nine' www.behindthenine.com

Two of my scripts (co-written) are in Production on a very low budget. One in Pittsburg, PA (collaborated with same director who I co-wrote 'Vicious' with review found here : <http://www.herorealm.com/Movies/DVD/DVDreview013004.htm>

The other here in ATL. I'm a little wary about the producer/director of this one...a nice little script that might not translate because of the experience level (found out after the fact really).

Just Produced Two shorts from writer/director friends of mine under the Cougars Film Group banner...we'll be adding a weblink to screening room soon.

Hoping to begin another short before summer based on my own script and a sequel of sorts to my 2001 short that screened in the Atlanta Film Festival (http://www.atlscript.org/asgprod/boyant/). I'll direct that one.

Additionally, trying to perfect Many scripts for the market...about 5 decent specs.

2 new scripts that I'm writing as well.

Would love to get another feature going as well before the year is out.

Good luck to all of you too on your projects...keep us informed of the progress.

Martin Kelley

It all came together so fast...

So about two weeks ago I was informed my school is going to have a film festival with April ~15th as the deadline.

I decided this is IT. I'm shooting my first short. As I said though I don't feel the need to shoot crap, I want this to be good (plus the incentive to win is a nice $500 prize). So now I've written 95% of the script, secured the music, and basically visualized the shotlist. The objective this next week is to finish the final part of the script, get my shot list and shooting schedule together, and secure an apartment or house where we can shoot. I've got about 5 or 6 people together so far and will need about 3 or 4 more as talent. We will shoot this over 1 or 2 days during spring break, and then I will edit it all. I'M SO FLIPPIN EXCITED :D

It is a hybrid drama/comedy with a driving storyline that should be between 6-10 minutes depending on the editing pace.

Another thing that just kind of happened out of necessity is a product I and my father are developing as a steadicam/gridecam replacement. I hope to use this for the shoot.

This summer I am still planning to shoot my first official short that I want to submit to bigger festivals, so if I pull off this first school one it should give me enough of a resume to secure needed stuff for this next one.

If anyone in the OC area is interested in working on this or helping us to secure personnel or our location, it would be much appreciated, please PM me.

Thanks!

Sounds Rad!

Sounds radical wide!

Well two weeks to go until I get the first frames in the can from 'Deadline', my second s16mm short film. It's a film noir thriller type styly thing about a phone box yadda yadda etc...

Shooting on a budget of £9,000 with professional actors.

Picking up the kit in week and a half's time: Arri SRIII, chapman peewee dolly, video assist etc...

I want this film to be over because it's taken far to long to get it to this stage! ;) arrrgggghhh!!! Roll onto Post!

Will be quite fun to shoot thought as it's got a car scene and is a mixture of soundstage and location work!

All very rad.

Yes, thanks and good luck to you SR!

My total project timeline is about 4 weeks, 2 weeks got me the treatment, script, 2-3rd rewrite. 3rd week got me the locations, the entire cast of 7 characters of theatrical good actors, my shot list, my release forms, my co-producer on the project whom is supplying the food for the cast & crew and the props list which I will supply. 4th re-write. We had a full production meeting followed by a cast meeting and then two read throughs yesterday, all the cast are pumped and ready for our shoot next week on Wed. (minimal) Thurs (full prod. half cast), and Fri (full prod. full cast). I have only Saturday, Sunday and Monday until 2 o'clock to marathon edit but I'm up to it. I also have the exact songs I want to use from freeplaymusic.com . Can't wait to shoot! :) BTW Does $250 qualify as no budget?

Plus, we are going to be using the new SteadyGrip device my father and I invented for this, we just sold 10 to a big time Vegas producer (who shoots a TV show but I don't want to disclose it), sold 1 to a guy who wants to shoot a commercial with it. Both will be giving us endorsements.

Wide, it sounds fantastic, and yes $250 counts as a no budget ;)

What's the steady grip device? is it for DV or film or both? Sounds brilliant! All the best for your shoot.

I'll have a website setup in a bout 2 weeks and I will definitely give you the address then. Basically, it is only for small cameras under 10lbs, because your arms control the movement of the camera by gripping handles. It defeats handheld/shoulder shakiness but you retain all of the mobility of going handheld. It will give you freedom and fluidity similar to a Steadicam Jr. or a Glidecam or a Flypod but without the need for counter weights. The best part is it will retail for $59.99.

Like I said, I'll have demos of its effects and a lot more info but first I'm going to shoot this movie with it and get it submitted to the festval, then we will start ramping up to make these things. I've already tested it out and the way we have it designed, it is just sweeeeeet. :D

Thanks for the well wishes, I wish you the same as well. Who knows, maybe some day we'll be in the same place and I can buy you a drink and we can talk about these stupid movies.

Back