• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My two short films made in Dubai :)

As a filmmaker from Dubai, I'd like to share with you guys two short films that I made in 2011.

One is a 1 minute little comedy called 'Perfect Living' which played at Cannes Short Film Corner last year. Shot on a zero budget with a Canon HV20 and tripod in just under two hours.

PERFECT LIVING - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZFp4LWu4gw

The other is a dramatic short film 'Bubble' that I just released 15 days ago. Shot on the Canon 5D Mark 2 / 600D on a zero budget over five days.

BUBBLE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUeKnnXaqk

There's no film industry out here and I'm only trying to use that as my advantage and so far it's been working.

But I'd like to know what you guys think of my films :)

Perfect Living...very creative, fun, and playful !!! excellent cinematography. Only thing I did not like was the film effect, did not fit for me. Keep going !

Bubble - BEAUTIFUL ! emotional , dramatic A+ excellent work from beginning to end. The video shows a lot of hard work and great talent

Last edited:
I watched Perfect Living. I have to admit I was too intimidated by the eight-minute run time on Bubble, but it looked interesting.

First of all, it's very cool that Perfect Living played the Cannes Short Film Corner. Congrats! I am unsure about the panning to the right, though, during the shot where the main character is cooking. I felt like I wanted to keep watching him, but they camera was moving my eyes away to blank space. His face is cut off at the end, and I think a face is more interesting for an audience than another kitchen counter. However, I really love his tv-watching reaction. I can't even say what I like about it, but I like it.

Like IndieBudget says, keep going!

Hi there. I have to say I really enjoyed 'Bubble'. It was beautifully shot and the score was amazing. I don't really think there was any narrative (contrary to what the youtube blurb may have said...) but sometimes that doesn't matter. It really drew me in and although there wasn't much of a plot I found it really did show a huge amount of human emotion.

As a side note, my brother lives in Dubai and so I go there quite often. Did you submit any of your work to the recent film festival? I know that they are trying to broaden their film market at the minute and so if you keep making great work and try and make some contacts you could really do well in that market and who knows what it could lead to!

Great job with the Bubble. That was really excellent. It was a emotional piece. I was surprised how much you improved from Perfect Living to the Bubble.

Back