• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Be Careful with Your Old Stuff!!!

You might hate your old work but it's still part of your history. Sadly i just discovered my old student films have been destroyed. They were on VHS and I had forgotten them. I managed to salvage this, which I hated at the time, but now is a piece of a walk down memory lane...

http://www.indiejonesing.com/blog/files/b52d974dbf7ddf77e3ed3d079726259f-21.html

Indeed. Data migration is important...I've been slowly transferring stuff from VHS for a while now. There is some affordable hardware/software for it. Totally worth it too, because when I put together a retrospective video to commemorate our 10th anniversary, I used some of that old footage.

If you ever make it big, E! will want that old stuff! ;)

You might hate your old work but it's still part of your history. Sadly i just discovered my old student films have been destroyed. They were on VHS and I had forgotten them. I managed to salvage this, which I hated at the time, but now is a piece of a walk down memory lane...

http://www.indiejonesing.com/blog/files/b52d974dbf7ddf77e3ed3d079726259f-21.html

Good thing you saved it. That was great! That's your early-work?! Great stuff. The constant-camera movement was a bit much for me, but I LOVED the dialogue.

Good thing you saved it. That was great! That's your early-work?! Great stuff. The constant-camera movement was a bit much for me, but I LOVED the dialogue.

Thanks Cracker Funk. It was the first narrative I ever directed and yeah, you and i agree there was too much movement. I did this right after directing a music video, plus I think there was a really callow, "dazzle em with camera movement" naiveté about it. The payoff at the end was awesome though and I'm really sad it's been destroyed.

Do you guys suffer from the same thing as me? Why do we love Black and white so much? I see it and it always ups my rating of stuff. There was a lovely little film called "In Search of a Midnight Kiss" a few years back, beautifully shot Black and white at festivals - they freaking released it in color on DVD.

Back