• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Glory in the West

Uh, hello everyone. I'm an aspiring filmmaker (how original...), and today I am going to submit my application to NYU. As part of that application, I made a short western film called Glory in the West. It is my first film and was made for around $30.

I wrote, directed, and edited the film. A friend and I acted in it, and I must admit that my performance is not the highlight of the film. Nor is the editing, really. I hope someone out there enjoys at least a part of this. Please let me know what you think of it, and feel free to be harsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vese4JfeIJc

some different angles would be nice your in front of a fire so in the start get a scene of the fire burning for a second just an example

Thanks for the advice! The only reason I didn't actually show the fire is it because it wasn't there lol. Try as we might, we just could not get anything to stay ablaze (even when we used ample amounts of gasoline). We ended up using a lantern instead.

It probably came out better using the light for the fire. All you need is something to give it that flicker effect.

The conversation got old pretty quick cause of the repition of the camera angles. There are some threads on just this subject, filming conversations. Different angles help change it up.

Last edited:
I would have used more angles, but all shooting had to be done in about 5 hours, so we didn't so much have time. Thank you for the advice.

Back