• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Shadada Thiller Film

Synopsis - A young man gets a job to clean a mans basement and he finds something that is bigger than he realizes/

Hey everyone I have just recently purchased a canon t2i and this is my first film with it. Its simple but next video will look better as I learn better render settings and effects.

Ps. ANY CRITICIZING IS GOOD TELL WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT IT..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EsYiUkCp0

No doorbell?
WD 40 your entry door hinges.
"The actual light is actually dead". Really for really?
One healthy young man asks another healthy young man to clean up the garage? Okay.
In the "dark" basement you can either increase the ISO or slow down the shutter speed to allow more light onto your CMOS sensor.
Dude's cleaning a stranger's basement in his socks, no shoes?
"I read this book... [while I'm supposed to be cleaning your basement as you sit up here and read newspaper advertisements]." Okay.
I'm pretty sure he just left.
Umm... yep. He's gone.

The audio... yeah. I know you're going to have trouble in that environment no matter what you do.
I don't think there's a sensible enough number of blankets for that environment to lay down as echo dampers. :(
Plan more outdoor shots?!
Weather, wind, etc. I know.
At least there's no grasshoppers and cicadas out this time of year!

In the entry scene it would be beneficial to have Over The Shoulder (OTS) camera shots of both principles.
Deliver the lines at least twice from both perspectives. Edit accordingly from those.

We can't see what spooks the cleaner dude while reading Babblese from the book.

Presumably dangerous Shadadas book is just lying around, cast among a pile of laundry. Okay.

Okay, so with any "film' project there are at least two big things a director/producer always has to be on top of. One, the story. Two, execution.
Good story + poor execution = "Meh... " to forgivable.
Poor story + good execution = most probably a fail.
Poor story + poor execution = Fail.
Good story + good execution = Win!

Please please please keep working on both aspects.
What would be cool is to keep this fundamental story, rework it as a screenplay, re-shoot it, re-edit it, re-post it and lettuce see how you went from A to B, (maybe even C or D!).

GL! And a havahappyfastivusnewyear!

Yea this video was sort of rushed because of the time frame we had. We have made a new video its only about 1:30 but I think it shows definite improvement from this one. The only thing I need to work better on is the audio which at the moment I'm broke so that will all come later and anything you guys think I should improve on AKA THE STORY WILL BE MORE THOUGHT OUT.

Back