• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Socrates is Dead - Short Film

So this is a short film that I made in a few weeks. I'm actually quite proud of it despite the fact that a lot of the dialogue got butchered due to my terrible improvising, haha.

This short is something totally new to me, I tried to keep the camera moving almost at all times, very long cuts, a lot of handheld shots, and I shot on the streets. I really tried to give the filmmaking style a French New Wave/DIY feel, so I hope you get that sense when watching it! Enjoy! :)

http://vimeo.com/34276258

Last edited:
At the beginning, the windows are blown out. Unless you wanted that look, you could have filmed from the other side of the room and used that light??

If you can't sync up the split screen stuff, I wouldn't do it.

I thought it looked pretty good. Didn't appear to have a lot of lighting. Mainly natural light.

Over all, it was really slow. I couldn't tell if we were suppose to laugh or not. It wasn't really sad. So I don't know how I'm suppose to feel after watching it??

Last edited:
At the beginning trhe windows are blown out. Unless you wanted that look, you could have filmed from the other side of the room and used that light??

If you can't sync up the split screen stuff, I wouldn't do it.

I thought it looked pretty good. Didn't appear to have a lot of lighting. Mainly natural light.

Over all, it was really slow. I couldn't tell if we were suppose to laugh or not. It wasn't really sad. So I don't know how I'm suppose to feel after watching it??

Yeah I deliberately made it slow, and it is a dark awkward comedy, so yes, please laugh with it or at it or something. All of the lighting was natural, just to compliment the quasi-docudramatic feel I was going for. The blown out windows were that way to match my fades to and from white at the beginning and end of the movie.

Back