GH2 questions

Hi gang,

From all the great input on this forum and some other places, I've gone from "I must have a HD camcorder" to "I must have a DSLR". I can't believe it... but I'm excited as hell about it.

In that regard, I've decided to get an GH2 and then get the hack. First I like the look of it and I like that I can use almost any lens with it. But I have some questions that I hope some of you might be able to help me with.

First - Where is the best place to buy the GH2? Amazon?

Second - I do need help with the lens'. I love the idea of cheaper vintage glass, but I have no idea what I want or where to go to get them. I'm a total newbie. Can you tell??:lol:

Tell me what I need, pls.

Also, can someone point me to the adapter I will need for this?

I'll be doing narrative shorts and interview stuff at first.

I have searched the site but couldn't find these answers. If this has already been discussed, forgive me.:blush:

Thanks for any help.

The most common path for vintage glass is the Canon FD mounts. They're cheap and plentiful on Ebay. For starters, look for a 50mm f1.4. Should be less than $100.
I suggest buying from someone familiar with glass because some lenses aren't worth owning because of fungus growth, scratches, broken apertures etc. An experienced seller will forthcoming with regards to defects rather than the "I found this in my uncle's garage after he went missing in the swamps around 9 years ago...and I don't know much about it other than it takes purdy pictures..."

B&H is a reputable company and newegg has went out of their way on more than once to help me..... Either of those.
What brianluce said is solid advice..... 50mm prime FD (canon) mount is a great all around lens. Keep in mind you wont have autofocus like you have on the lens that comes with your camera... But thats a good thing (kind of), buy a book on DSLR photography and get a grip on aperture, exposure, iso, etc.

Back