• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Zombie Trail

Hello everyone, this is my first post but i shall post an introduction shortly.

Zombie Trail is my first real attempt at a short film, it is done for my end of year 10 free choice multimedia project, which doesn't get marked but just fills time. The basic plot was 2 friends going exploring who discover a dead body. With a storm approaching they leave, however due to minimal time they take shelter. When they return, the body is gone and shortly find themselves surrounded by zombies.

I lacked any half decent idea's regarding a decent storyline and did not do a correct script. Instead i wrote a document split into scenes, and then labeled 1.1, 1.2 e.t.c for each shot and wrote what each shot consisted of. The downside is there was no real clear storyline to this movie.

Issues i ran into was all the actors turning up on the day.. that's the downside of requiring 8 or so actors. My friends brothers ended up acting which limited me to what could be done and did not allow me to get to the correct location for the final few scenes were the zombies were killed of, so that had to be made up on the spot. I think it turned out alright for a first attempt.

I certainty have learned alot about directing, using my camera and about different kinds of equipment. Anyway here is the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXD7W2KZSg​

Last edited:
It was indeed alot of fun. Though it was deep in a bush way off any proper trail. Fairly unsafe conditions if your not careful. It can also take about 40 minutes to reach some of the locations, and while lugging around heavy tripod's and audio equipment it can get fairly annoying quickly, especially having to go out there 5 times.

Also due to extremely uneven terrain, the tripod became very frustrating to operate. Having to place it, ajust the legs almost every shot and adjust the bowl to have it sitting flat. In the end, i just attached it to a monopod , extended it and held it horizontally which allowed me to get somewhat smooth pan's and walking shots.

Back