• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Creative Process - Short Film

Cool idea... But 47 seconds of opening titles!? Internet shorts don't need opening titles, if somebody likes something or wants to know who made it they can look in the description. If you absolutely have to have opening titles, they need to be small on top of the video (like tv show opening credits) or if they're at the top on their own less than 1% of total video length. Think tv show prod-co logos at the close, they're 2-3 seconds long. You're pushing 15-20%. Internet audiences don't have any attention span, gotta hook and keep hooked. I stuck through it just wanting to see how long they were haha, but your first shot came up and looked good so I decided to keep going. Most people would click on through before that.

Ok, that was a lot to talk about one topic, sorry man. Bit of a pet peeve.

For real though, liked the idea, most of the footage looked good and sounded good (I'm on my phone right now). Cool beans man!

Thanks. This was really for my cinematography class and the project was supposed to be 3 mins. Without any credits beginning or end it was 3:12. The logo at the beginning was something that I put in all my short films. You might be right about the beginning credits. I just felt it needed something before I put them in. It's not a big deal though

Back