Debating New Camera

Hello,

In my arsenal I have a Canon XL1s and HV40 video cameras and I have a Nikon D3000 DSLR for stills.

I am debating selling all three and purchasing a new camera (still in the process of researching).

I am just wondering if it is worth selling them, or should I continue to use the XL1s as my front line camera, for small time personal shoots to hone my skills or sell my three cameras and puch into getting a good lower end HD or DSLR.

Any input would be helpful.

~Thanato

i like the nikon because it has a good low light setting and you can change lenses. i would keep the nikon or if you are willing to sell i would probably buy it from you haha

Last edited:
canon xa 10

i'm thinking of getting this camera this week. what are your thoughts on this camera, as far as creating distributable quality "film look" independent feature movie. for the price range $2000 it seems like a good option but am curious as to what you think or anyone else???????

What do you do with the cameras? Narrative work, documentaries, TV shows?

Hard to beat a DSLR for a cheap narrative camera, just be sure to budget for an audio recorder too as you'll have to go dual system recording with it.

I shoot Narative and am looking at doing a Doc in the near future so I am looking at somethng that wont over heat and die on me. I was looking at the NEX VG-20 as it shoots 24 and 60. However I think I will keep researching and see whats on the market in a year.

~Thanato

Back