• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Nativity Story (Contest Edit)

Hey guys! So we entered The Nativity Factor contest (http://thenativityfactor.com) and here's our entry!

A Nativity Story
A fun, documentary style telling of the happenings the first Christmas, starring kids form our home churches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtjm9Y6sG4w

It was fun working on it with the kids!

The voting portion starts tomorrow, December 6 and runs through the 9. Would love it if you guys would drop a ballot in the hat for us! I'll put a link in the promo section once voting starts.

Thanks in advance!

Very nice.

Great lighting.

Ray, you watch every video on here don't you? That's pretty awesome man.
Yessir, I pretty much do.
I may not comment on many of them, especially on those considerably more polished than mine, but I try to not just Humpty-Dump gloss over 'em, as well.
Credit given where due.
A hand extended when possible.

GL!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun working with the kids.

Ray, you watch every video on here don't you? That's pretty awesome man.

Ok everybody, 3 days to vote and you can only vote once! Here's how:

1. Go Here: http://www.thenativityfactor.com/Watch#Rtjm9Y6sG4w

2. Click "Log in to Facebook" next to our video. It will take you to facebook then back to the site.

3. Scroll down again, about a third of the way until you see our video "A Nativity Story" and click the big Vote button!

4. Please like it and share with your friends! Most votes make the finals where the judges pick the winner. Thanks so much!

Thanks haha! Really happy that it's only a 3 day voting window this contest, versus a 6 week voting window in the last one we did :O

Oh and Nick, some of the drawl is real, some exaggerated haha.

Thanks Ollie. Haha, that kid had the worst ADD ever! A few times he grabbed the boom mic "ooohh fuzzy" and twice after convincing him to sit still so we could grab focus, he walked off to the nearby snack table haha. Still, that accent was worth it!

Dude, it was sweet and funny. Took me back to my childhood when I was in my own Nativity play at school. The shepherds are real cutups, as is the King From the East! Voted for you.

Thanks to everyone that voted! Just found out that we didn't get shortlisted to go before the judges, but we were Americans in a UK contest haha. Worth a shot, but we totally understand.

On an up note though, we actually secured distribution for this video and more like it in the future! Applied to one of the largest and best church media outlets and they loved it, going to offer it and others on a pay-per-download basis. Pretty pumped!

Awesome, Paul! That's even better than the 5,000 pounds! Christian media is a big market in the US. And what with stealing being against the ten comandments and all, super-Christiany folks tend to actually pay for their downloads and dvds :P

There are about 7 practising Christians here in the UK so it's a much bigger scoop to break into the US market for this sort of thing.

Congrats! :)

Haha Dready! You'd be surprised at how many churches play copyright movies to their audience for special events and stuff. Many don't know better, many do and do it anyway. No one's perfect :/

But yeah thanks everyone! We're pretty stinking excited. It's a cool opportunity for sure!

Back