• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hippie Highway- 4min comedy

Hey Everyone,.

I just got a website and would love some feedback. "Hippie Highway" is a 4 min, short about a metal-head that is forced to get a ride from a couple of spaced-out hippies. It stars Jon Osbeck, George Caleodis and Brandy Seymour.

Here's the link to quicktime large file.

http://www.slmfilms.com/video/hippie.mov

If you'd like to view it in windows media or real player go to http://www.slmfilms.com/hippie.htm and click on whatever format you'd like.

Thanks,
Derek Rimelspach

Funny.

It hold special meaning to me since I live and work in Austin, TX. It's second only to San Fran in Hippie Population.

The sound was really good on my end. It sounded like you got some good ADR work done.

I didn't like the ending, the guy's rant outside of the car was forced. It would have been funnier if it ended with him egtting run over by the hippies who were distracted by a butterfly or a summer wind.

Poke

NO ADR work - that was all live sound from the on board mic of the XL1!

I thought this was really funny, although I worked on it, this is The Derek's movie.

hey

Hey,

Thanks for viewing the short and the comments. Its good to hear that you liked the sound. I was pretty concerned about it while filming, but it turned out alright. Many thanks to Peter John Ross helping me through a few problems with it and evening it all out.

As for the ending I did think about having the hippies not paying attention and hitting George, but I decided to stick with my first idea. I also thought that it would be funny to add some sound effects of people screaming throughout the short and yelling "get off the road you stupid hippie", but I thought that might distract from the story. Anyways, I'm pretty new to this site, but I like it alot. Good people

Derek

secret movie

I just want to state that "Attack of the Killer Shoes" is hidden for a reason. Although I do think its still fun to look for....

Derek Rimelspach

Yeah great technically on both audio and visual but your ending needed to be punched up a little. Still, good short :)

Although the production value is very low, the actors pull off a humors interaction that kept my interest. Work on the craft, and good things will come in the future.

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I thought the actors did a wonderful job too. Its very true that I couldn't get the production quality that I wanted. I really wanted to film it in a VW wagon and totally deck it out with tie dye and beads, but not knowing anyone with this type of van made it difficult. Funny, people I didn't know were skeptical when I told them I was making a short film and wanted to use their car and would return it later. The other problem was that I needed to squeeze this film in on short notice last summer before I worked on three features in a row. Overall though I really think its a good short. The performances were very good, I was very happy with the way it looked, although it had some flaws. Of course I haven't seen an independent film yet without flaws. Thanks again for watching it and I am very gratefully for all the comments, both good and bad. I really am grateful that people are truthful so I know what didn't work so I can do a better job next time.

Derek

holy crap this is funny. good acting especially from the non-hippie.
only suggestion i have is the end when he talks outside of the car...doesn't quite have the punch i was expecting. it'd be funnier if it was more subtle or nothing at all. or if he was even nice to them asking for a ride back.

anyways... great job!

Hippie Highway left me with a big smile. I loved the concept and enjoyed the performances. Great to see a good concept, executed so well.Makes me wish I could do some comedy, I guess I am just too serious.

Peace(or maybe not),
Redemption
www.redemptionmovie.com

Thanks, Hopefully a lot of the guys here will feed you material. This is one of my favorite sites becuause there a lot of great shorts from all over the world and we get a chance to interact and dicuss them. I believe that the future of independent film is right here.

Peace,
Redemption

Back