• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Official Trailer for Here by the Ocean

This is a trailer for our short film Here by the Ocean that is just about finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPS1OH7cgL0

Plot Synopsis:
Three characters are faced with their own internal conflicts that they must overcome as the world, unbeknownst to them, comes to its end. Here by the Ocean is a story about faith, love, desperation, and finding the calm within the storm.

Hope you enjoy.
Garrett

Need Feedback

Hello Everyone I was the producer on this project. We would really love to get some feedback to see what other independent film makers think about our trailer. Thanks.

Really long trailer, especially for a short film. I'd chop about a minute or a minute and a half off of it.

The acting seems spotty, but not bad at all.
The cinematography is also pretty decent. Again, some weak moments, but generally not bad.
The sound had issues for sure. Several scenes sounded like they were recorded in a metal room.

The big comment as far as the trailer is for a short film especially it's about double the length it needs to be.

Really long trailer, especially for a short film. I'd chop about a minute or a minute and a half off of it.

The acting seems spotty, but not bad at all.
The cinematography is also pretty decent. Again, some weak moments, but generally not bad.
The sound had issues for sure. Several scenes sounded like they were recorded in a metal room.

The big comment as far as the trailer is for a short film especially it's about double the length it needs to be.

The audio is an issue we have had some trouble with. We just acquired a Zoom H4N so our audio will be getting better in the future. We are working off of no budget. The film will be about 30 to 35 minutes long. As far as the length of the trailer, we really just wanted to use the song to it's fullest extent, it really portrays the emotion of the film. Thanks for the comment! :)

Looks good, but I agree with Gonzo. This needed to be shorter. At about the half-way point the song kind of trails off and I thought I'd see the title card come up.

Other than that it looks interesting.

Back