• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Feature film shot on t3i.

So my XHA1 died and my friend's kind enough to lend me his T3I. Nice cam. Certainly lacking a lot of stuff I was used to, but great quality. Anyway, I'm in the middle of production for my latest no budget feature film entitled NOWHERE JOHNNY, a neo-noir type film. I don't really like labeling a genre on my films. So I don't really know what kind of genre it really is. There's a love story, there are gangsters, boxers, and, yeah, I just like to not label it.

Anyway, check out the 30 second teaser that focuses solely on one of the characters. It's vague, so don't expect much.

And please like and share the Facebook page, because I'd really appreciate a following so when it's done I'll have an audience and whanot: NOWHERE JOHNNY on FACEBOOK!

Here's the teaser, watch in HD:

*EDITED*

Teaser has been deleted, here's the NEW TRAILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgYkXCoFeE

:D

Last edited:
good stuff there with the t3i..just bought mine a few months ago...got some vintage primes and almost have all my equpiment..i just need a ssr and a shotgun mike...
what equipment are you using with the camera...just interested..

Yes, we're using lights. Softboxes, lamps, those little portable led lights, and iPhone for eye light in certain CU.

As far equipment goes -- just a kit lens so far (primes on the way) and a RODE VideoMic Pro. A standard tripod, real basic shoulder rig. Nothing too overkill. It's always about creativity and the story. Equipment is equipment.

Looks good to me. I liked the last trailer. The titles look really large for the latest video trailer compared to other trailers I have seen. I can tell you made it very large for the internet. Maybe compare your titles to that of other professional trailers to get the size right. I like what you did on the Teaser "This is Tommy video" at 27 seconds that was really cool for title and credits. You should do that for this new trailer. Consider the production credit at 14 seconds on the water scene similar to the Teaser "This is Tommy video".

Other than that the sound mix probably could be better but my speakers suck on my computer so I will let others chime in on that. To me it seems that the music is very quite most of the trailer and I wonder if it would be better to have some of the music louder. Maybe one of the audio people on the forum will make a suggestion on how to mix the score with the dialog. I also think that the punch in the beginning of the trailer could be a lot louder that is at about 25 second mark. I think the gun shots could possible be louder too. Again note I am only listening in on my ear buds on a computer and it probably is not the best listening environment so use your own best judgement.

My first thoughts during the fight scene you could mix the music louder and not let the voices be heard in the trailer at that part to give it more impact. You could consider other areas in the trailer you may want to do something similar to give a musical impact to the trailer. At about 59 seconds is where I am talking about in the fight scene. To me the dialog is not needed in the trailer and maybe this scene could even be left out of the trailer. I would consider trying to edit this different with just music and no dialog or consider removing it from the trailer. But this is something to try out in the edit. Really what you have is still pretty good.

Great job.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind, bro.

I just started an IndieGoGo campaign for Nowhere Johnny HERE.

If you can't donate, do spread the word if you would please. Trying to make this movie right.

Good trailer! Congrats! The only feedback I can offer is maybe (just maybe) insert a scene with someone above the age of 30 to give it less of a "college film" feel. If you are still filming I'd say ask Uncle Fred if he wants to be a gangster for a day. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I appreciate it. We're actually still filming. I'm only making trailers now to get early buzz and hopefully a following on Facebook. Lol.

The only feedback I can offer is maybe (just maybe) insert a scene with someone above the age of 30 to give it less of a "college film" feel. If you are still filming I'd say ask Uncle Fred if he wants to be a gangster for a day.

That makes sense, actually. Everybody in this film is in their early to mid 20's. lol. I should think about this. :lol:

Also, I just got a GH13 for Christmas. I'm gonna be using that as my main cam from now on for Nowhere Johnny. The t3i belongs to my buddy, so he'll finally get it back. lol.

Check out some screen-grabs from the movie (still in production), hope ya like it:

380560_230386553705076_202517173158681_513184_1388258862_n.jpg

377821_230387490371649_202517173158681_513193_1318038632_n.jpg

398062_230387380371660_202517173158681_513191_1401474253_n.jpg

406493_230387430371655_202517173158681_513192_1620934528_n.jpg

400912_230387183705013_202517173158681_513189_1573254179_n.jpg

Last edited:
It looks good Sweeney Jet. I wondered about the street lights looking foggy looking. Is that something you were going for or was that a technical issue you ran into?

Back