• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Dark comedy short available

Hey everyone,

I'm a national award-winning copywriter at an advertising agency, and I'm looking for someone interested in taking on my short film. Here's the gist:

-It's free! Just looking for a credit and copy of the film.
-Dark comedy, 12 pages, 3 major characters (two young adult, one older adult)
-Fast paced, sharp dialogue, lots of twists and turns. Overall, a twisted script.
-Mostly set on the street, in apartments, and a restaurant. I can work with you for revisions if we need to fit particular locations/casting/budget.

TITLE: HARD COSTS
LOGLINE: A shell of a man scores a relationship with the woman of his dreams, but her father requires payment for every date. The piling costs to afford his dream girl leads him to desperate measures and shocking revelations.

If interested in giving it a read, please email me: jboffer[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Thanks!

I won a national gold ADDY award. The ADDYs are the biggest advertising award show in the US (you have to win gold at local, then district, then you make it national).

Impressive. And why don't you do your own short film? I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing one. I'd also be interested in talking to you about advertising.

Because I'm at the point in my life where something is only worth doing if it's done well. Extremely well. Which is not something I can offer this project: I am without a camera, sound equipment, friends who can act, editing skills, and excess money.

But I loved the idea I had for this short, so I did what I can do competently do and wrote it. I felt like the tone is very different than typical festival films and would really stand out. Add in a good director with good production values and everyone is happy. But first, someone actually needs to read the thing.

Back