• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Runaway - Would You Sacrifice Everything For The One You Love?

postersmall.jpg

Watch the short film here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuoUygFErU

Would you sacrifice everything for the one you love?
Runaway, is a short film directed by William Sikora III starring Steph Jones, Carmen Johnson, and José-Luis Lopez.
Filmed with a Canon 60D and edited with Sony Vegas Pro.

http://www.b-entertainment.com/runaway

Last edited:
Perhaps a bit overboard with the flashes and out of focus images. I stopped at the 2:00 mark. I had a feeling this was going to be akin to watching a 9 minute trailer.

I'd agree, played much more as a reel or a trailer than a real narrative. Also agree the zoom in/out, focus changes, flashes, etc.. became pretty distracting at a point. They become the focus of the attention rather than a device to communicate something.

Oh well, that was the whole point, flashes blurs and all, it was more of a narrative music video. If you didn't last 2 minutes, then you missed the best part.

I have to join the crowd with the overuse of the flashes and focuses. I tried to make it all the way through, but it didn't draw me in. The camera work was well done, and the actors looked interesting, but without some dialog from the actors (not including the V/O) to make me care about the action on screen, I just didn't feel an urge to watch it.

I understand what the rest on here are saying but I like the concept of the narrative and filmed something similar to this only last month (it only lasted 5mins though). The shots were well composed and you had great music with some solid colour correction too. My main criticism would be the overuse of out-of-focus shots. I don't mind this occasionally but perhaps it was overdone here. Good job nonetheless!

Back