• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DESTROYER - with soundtrack by John Pearson AKA Harpsichoid

Not just because it could be done, but because it should be done (and not done often enough), DESTROYER has received a rockin' soundtrack from indietalk's very own John Pearson, better known around here as Harpsichoid (not Harpsichord, which I've been guilty of myself).

His soundtrack is great.
His fourteen hour turn around time was impressive.
And his tolerance for my delays is professional.

Password remains: destroyer

Warning: DESTROYER remains the same disturbing story. It just has some... uh, what do you call yourselves... ? "Focus group" directed changes for both visuals and non-soundtrack audio corrections.
AND A ROCKIN' NEW SOUNDTRACK!

Last edited:
Excellent.

The whole film feels a lot tighter now. Still just as disturbing as ever. I like the text over the solid colour. If this were my film, one thing I might try is to have the cut between each block of text only half-a-second long, maybe not even that. Show the flaming box for a split-second, I think this might offer some nice dramatic impact.

As for Harpsichoid’s music… brilliant! It really works well. It never feels over-done. The lack of music at certain points is excellent. It’s never too much, never over-powering. Job well done, I’d say.

Congrats guys!

Great work! I particularly love the static-y percussion around the 1 minute mark. Repeating mad_hatter's comment, knowing when NOT to score is important, and great choices here.

Good job, both of you!

Question -- are you planning on releasing this to more than just the IndieTalk crowd? Because I agree with you -- something like this should be done. But it won't make an impact if nobody else can view it without a password.

mad_hatter -
Thank you.
Understood about the text-scene timing.
I was caught somewhere between giving enough time for readers of various speeds the time to finish it, think about it, and de-saturate from it and for those who can process info and dump PDQ.
I timed it for a broader audience.
Yeah, John Pearson/Harpsicoid's score is fantastic.
I like his choice of when to include and exclude music, as well. It was different from mine and I appreciate him being mindful enough to deviate and do his own thing.

JoshL -
Yeah, I asked about that staticy thing, thinking it was some sort of unintentional audio artifact, but he confirmed that it was intentional, so... Okay!
I think it's great that you noticed it and find purpose and meaning in it so that I can better understand what others hear and appreciate different than from myself alone.

Pete -
"... are you planning on releasing this to more than just the IndieTalk crowd?"
Not really. Think I should?
I dunno what to do with it, really. IDK if this is horror film festival short worthy material or not.
I've no clue.
Or did you have a different audience in mind?

I appreciate the suggestion to bring this to a broader audience, just the same, though! :)

Ernest Worthing -
Thank you, very much.
Sincerely.

Michael Allen -
Sorry.
Yeah... It's pretty effed up to me.
It's bad enough these monsters gotta take our kids.
But then they gotta scare them.
Neglect them.
Abuse them.
Exploit them.
Hurt them.
Kill them.
Defile their bodies.
And deny our recovery of their bodies.

People scare me.
Random people.

Next year I'm doing a horror comedy/farce.
This was emotionally too much for me.

Pete -
"... are you planning on releasing this to more than just the IndieTalk crowd?"
Not really. Think I should?
I dunno what to do with it, really. IDK if this is horror film festival short worthy material or not.
I've no clue.
Or did you have a different audience in mind?

It really is up to you -- I don't have a strong opinion either way. If it were me, I'd throw it up on Youtube. You could say it's an "anti-horror film."

I'm not sure what kind of response you'd get, if any at all.

But that's just me. Great work regardless!

Last edited:
Back