• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 441 - Horror short.

Hey guys,

I've uploaded our first short film; it was made for only £5.99 - believe me, it shows - by a bunch of first timers who didn't know a thing about filmmaking and was basically a filmschool for us and we learnt a lot from the mistakes we made (no script, lighting, or sound being but a few!).

Anyways, take a look if you have a spare 10mins and let me know what you think. :)

http://vimeo.com/31562126

Hope you enjoy it!

i liked it. you're obviously film fans, i can tell by all the film Memorabilia around the house and the t shirts of the two guys. it looks like you used a lumix gh2 correct me if im wrong, if so then maybe a faster lens would of produced a more crisp image (i learned that lesson the hard way too). anyways, i think it was nicely shot and developed well although it had no real message or purpose instead was a just a display of a single action from a motiveless killer and that is a flaw in story. i thought the last guy was gonna turn to him and say "all done?" like he hired the guy or something, anything, that gave it more story. but thats just me. anyways, the killings were brutal and realistic so im sure your next movie will be awesome! nice work

Thanks for checking it out, doc!

We shot it on a Canon 550D; but not knowing what ISO fitted what conditions best (or what and ISO really was in all honesty!) the picture came out grainy due to the ISO being too high as a result of no light! Haha. We’ve recently finished another short that we made in an afternoon; with lights! And it looks a lot crisper!

I’ll be sure to upload it once it’s done.

This really was just an exercise in understanding not only how to operate the camera, but to understand editing – both visual and sound. So pretty much we had a crash course in nearly all facets of filmmaking! It was a lot of fun, and very stressful at times! We didn’t have a damn mic for the majority of filming!!

Amateur hour over here! :)

I’m glad you enjoyed it though. Hopefully you’ll find the second short film a step-up from this one! :)

Sackface looked cool, but what took it away from me was the opening and the closing. He just seemed like a normal guy.

Also, and this just might be me, it's really a tell tale sign of inexperience when a horror short have horror movie references placed throughout. A lot of horror shorts do it, and it's usually only in peoples first. Then they realise it's not a great idea and never do it again.

I'd recommend in investing in some sound equipment and learning how to use it. There's a great sound dvd that I have here somewhere, I don't remember what it's called, but I'll find it and recommend you check it out.

I'd be interested in checking out a feature length slasher film by you guys. Step up to the plate and let me know when it's done ;)

Thanks once again guys, glad you enjoyed it.

We've gotten some sound equipment now, so future projects will indeed improve in that area.

Yeah, we chucked the references in for our own amusement really, we weren't going to show this to anyone originally - as it's the only thing we've shot. So i was learning how to manually focus while filming! :) We didn't even know a focus puller existed actually!

This really was just for fun and to introduce us into what goes into filmmaking. The second shot we shot doesn't have as many amateaurish mistakes - there's still a few, but anything that was made with a crew of 3 is going to suffer slightly! :)

I'll be sure to uplaod it once it's completed.

Thanks ocne again guys, your time is greatly appreciated!

Back