• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch L. Frank Baum's the Wonderful Wizard of Oz - Scene 68

Hello everyone. I know, I'm new. It's embarrassing. :blush:

I'm writer/producer on "L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," and since everyone always asks this...I'd like to clarify that it's not a remake of the MGM film or a reboot, re-imagining, or any of the other nefarious"re's." What it is, is a new, more faithful adaption of L. Frank Baum's original book from 1900, now in the public domain. We're including a lot of cool stuff that just wasn't possible in 1939, and the original feminist subtext that MGM so deftly scalpeled on out of there.

This is our first film - "us" being myself and Producer/Director Clayton Spinney. It's a pretty ambitious project because literally every single shot in this film is an effects shot. Fortunately our VFX Supe is one of the effects guys from "The Hunt for Gollum," so we've got some experience in our corner.

I'm posting this here partly to get some feedback from other filmmakers, and partly because I'm hoping that a big filmmaking community like this one might have some effects guys hanging around who want to be a part of a project like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQkDTbamgXc

Oh yeah - if you're interested, we do have a website, which is at the end of the clip. But here it is in clickable form for 100% more convenience: www.wonderfulwizardmovie.com

Back