• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Samurai

As many people on here know this has been a pretty long journey from the time that I posted the script on IT to the time it's finally getting shown! It's actually been shot twice: first incompetently by me and second by the wonderful Phil_UK!

The music is also courtesy of forum member harpsichoid who also scored 'Woolies' (for fan all mega fans of my limited body of work ;) )

I hope you all enjoy this, hopefully it's fun and a little bit of funny :)

The Samurai on Vimeo

Nice haha. Credit sequence was cool too!

Some funky compression artifacts though for me, not sure if it's showing up elsewhere?

I do see some weird glitches at the bottom of the frame.

Always nice to see a script come full circle, especially one that I had the pleasure of reading!

Good stuff! Loved the samurai, and great work with the music, harp! The sound was a little inconsistent and could use a little more work, but the story is great and the delivery was pretty good.

The credits were fantastically disproportionally badass! I love it!

One question though. Why did you have tea preparation scene? Is there some significance to that?

It feels like if you could start the movie from the door ring, instead of him in the kitchen..

Last edited:
He's British, don't question his tea :P

Too true :lol:

But in reality it's a set up that lasts about 5 seconds and works as a simple establishing shot. I don't think the doorbell ring would have as much impact if it opened with it.

Hypothetically (and now i'm rewriting and reshooting in my head) I could've had the doorbell ring over black and then cut to Winston sipping his tea and then moving towards the door but really I think it's six of one, half a dozen of another.

As for the sound issues. There are some that I notice and some that I don't. I have to say that this is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time Phil has ever done sound editing and I think for someone who's learnt an amazing number of skills extremely quickly he's done a very impressive job with the sound (even if it's not his favourite thing to do). I'd love someone to clean it up and level it out in places but, all things considered, I'm immensely grateful for all the work that Phil did on this! :)

Back