I have a plan

And with a little luck I think it will work.

Have you ever stood at a train station and wondered what alternative lifes there are where the trains go that are pulling out from them? Well for many years I have had this dream of hitting the road in a mobile home. It's always a bit disconcerting when you're on the trains going away from familiar territory, and the key to successful mobile homing is that you have to keep going, till you park up somewhere to rest hundres of miles from home. But what is home, even as I write my home is under attack from bent solicitors, saying God put you in a safe house and let you stay there for four years, but now God tells us that it is safe for you to move out into another area that we will decide for you. But I don't want to move out. I am more inclined to advise them, have you forgotten that there is an assassin coming after you? So here I am with my bank loan and a dream, enough to buy a semi-decent vehicle with a camping bed in it. I plan on going to Christian festivals and other outdoor meetings, and places where Eastern things are being displayed, and sell my book direct to the public. After a little while I hope to have sold enough to buy a better vehicle and to produce my first film, perhaps a low budget version of the script that I have written. Am I being naive in thinking that my book will sell for 15.00 pounds profiting 8.00 pounds? Sure there are other sellers that have tried these things, but not many have tried to sell on the road. Some sell in markets where it is assumed more than the usual crowd comes each week, but not many take their wares around different markets each week. Am I being naive in heading out of London to live my dream on the open road (certain films come to mind), or should I stay in London where the road is familiar? There are two things that will prompt me to go, a snap decision, or enforcement by the bent solicitors.

I can't really answer your question about if the book will sell, because I haven't read it. I've found though that people will spend money on your stuff if you inspire them.

I would however give you a little piece of advice, buy a mini DV camera (a nice one between $300 and $900 American) and tape as much of your journey as you can. When it's all said and done you might have some decent footage. Decent enough to make an interesting doc about yourself.

Poke

Back