anyone willing to volunteer?

For my movie, I need someone (or some people) who would be willing to help create a puppet effect for a creature that is in my movie. For anyone that is interested in helping out in any way, I will tell you that the creature I need to create is a Licker from the RESIDENT EVIL game series. However, it wouldn't need to be the whole licker, just the head, shoulders, and arms. Also, it would be concealed by the shadows for 97% of it's screen time.

Wow.
That looks like a lot of work to build that thing.

What kind of articulations do you require?
Posable or active articulation?
Up/Down/Left/Right on head?
Jaw?
Neck?
180° radial at both shoulders?
160° elbows?
90° forearm roatation & wrist?
Fingers?

How were you going to do the tongue?

I wasn't going for anything too articulate, the viewer wouldn't see it for more than a couple of darkly lit shots. The Jaw and neck movements I plan to have done with simple hand puppeteering and having two others controlling the arms (with sticks). The fingers probably won't have any articulation (we are on a painfully low budget after all) and the Tongue would be done with reversing the footage. What I mean by that is, to have the tongue look like it wraps around a person's leg, have it wrapped around them first, roll the film, then pull it off. When editing it later you just reverse the footage and there you go. If you've seen The Evil Dead they do this effect for the roots and vines that wrap around Sherryl's legs.

Back