Worst flick released in 2003 .... ?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
What was the worst flick released in 2003? Thoughts?

It's a tie between Just Married and Uptown Girls. I can't judge movies I didn't see, and unfortunately I was dragged to both of these. They were just bad comedies. To the writers of these movies, BE MORE FUNNY!!!

Dishonorable Mention

The Life of David Gale - moral drama with no clear moral
House of 1000 Corpses - unintelligible mess of a movie
Legally Blonde 2 - sequel from hell
Jeepers Creepers 2 - sequel from hell's hell
Under the Tuscan Sun - most boring movie I couldn't fall asleep in ever

Poke

Hmmm.. I am usually really good at telling whether I will like something or not... now that I think of it, I don't think I have seen a bad movie this year! I just avoided all the ones I thought would be bad.
I actually loved Life of David Gale, it showed both sides of the topic, and let the audience judge for themselves what they though. I loved the way it ended, I thought it was so good and none of my guesses came right on. I think it was an almosr 'sixth sense' type ending, although it is not that type of movie, just that you will never guess the end. I loved it!

Tine said:
I actually loved Life of David Gale, it showed both sides of the topic, and let the audience judge for themselves what they though. I loved the way it ended, I thought it was so good and none of my guesses came right on. I think it was an almosr 'sixth sense' type ending, although it is not that type of movie, just that you will never guess the end. I loved it!

!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Here was my biggest problem with TLoDG ... it was heavy handed against the death penalty the entire movie, then at the end it tried to get ambiguous. And, of course, David Gale did assist in the death of Constance Harraway, so according to Texas law, he was punished justly.

And being a journalist, I was enraged that the movie hinted that Bitsey Bloom did not reveal the latter portion of the tape. As a journalist, you tell yourself that your job is to find and deliver the truth, "off the record" be damned (there are many ways to get around "off the record", politicians know it, that's usually why they say it, it's like a siganl that says, "Hey, I don't want you to quote me on this, but I want it known.").

Plus, having been to numerous anti death penalty rallies, I found the rally at the capitol attended by David and Constance near the beginning of the film to be laughable. It was all peaceful and tranquil, not like real ones at all. Remember the rally outside the prison on the day of execution? Yeah, that's more like it.

Anyway, I wrote up a full review for a friend's website. Click here for a review that should have been spell checked thoroughly.

But that's all my opinion, which has been wrong from time to time.

Poke

All the sequels, except X2 and ROTK. All the remakes. Mostly all the horror movies. Any movies involving Michael Bay. Cat in the Hat and many many many others. Hulk was actually good to me.

I have to say Hulk and Daredevil. This is probably because as a kid I loved these 2 characters. The remakes were BAD. The main problem with DD was the acting. Ben and Collin are just well in my opinion the same person in every movie. The roles adjust to them they don't adjust to the role. The hulk's main issue was there was no established bad guy. If you are going to have a "hero" you have to have a foe and I don't think a mutant poodle does the trick.

Perhaps I'm Odd, But...

I thought that the most imaginative products to come out of Hollywood in a long time came out this year. I know that lots of people hated the bandwagon movies like the Matrix sequels (which I thought were Hollywoods failed attempt to move away from the standardized and utterly predictable formula) or the Hulk (I have always known that the true struggle with Bruce Banner was internal not external. When he is the Hulk he IS the villian.)

I think that Hollywood put forth real effort this year and it was the audience that couldn't keep up with the change of pace due to the box most people seem to lock their perceptions into.

With that said I think that there were some major stinkers out there:

House of the Dead: I mean come on.
Peter Pan: Don't enforce a moral overtone where it is not needed, please.
Underworld: Looking the part is not enough and this movie proves it (Kraven in particular).

Everything else was either so different that people hated it or so utterly the same that they loved it. With the exception of X2 personally I have more love for that film that RotK simply because the major groundwork wasn't laid for it in the fifties. Feel free to hate me, but Peter Jackson is only translating something (with the help of far too many writers if you ask me) that was pretty damned perfect to begin with. He risks nothing so I feel that there should be no enormous gain. IF he pulls out the same results with King Kong then we should praise him.

William J Long III

I didn't go to the cinema much this year, what with tickets costing me $8-$12 a pop and being a starving college student... I now only go to films I know have the possibility of being really good as in I read the reviews (but don't take them to heart) and maybe even the spoilers and watch the trailers before going. As for RoTK there is a thread already going in this subforum about it, but suffice to say I really liked Jackson's directorial style on the flick and since he had final say on the scenes that would be used I give him props for not cutting some of the more crucial but less entertaining intimate scenes and really developing characters.

But to get an early start on 2004 - Cheaper by the Dozen (or was it the end of 2003?). Not terrible but definitely a 2 star, and totally unrepresentative of the talent's abilities... which I personally believe comes down to directorial/editing error. the script seemed like it was terrible to start with too so that may have been a major part of it.

I dont even bother seeing too many newer hollywood films. The only thing that comes to mind is the texas chainsaw massacre remake.

Oh my god! Where do I start?!!!

Hmmm, anything with Hilary Duff! This means: The lizzie McGuire movie, Agent cody banks, cheaper by the dozen & I think that's it, but apparently she's working on more so just more to add to the list!

Anything with Brittany Murphy!!! Honey, face it. You suck.

Veiw from the top: Why? Why did I pay $10 to see that?! Memo to self- kill best friend.

The league of extraordinary gentlemen: Please... I was about to kill myself & everyone else in the cinema or atleast blind myself with the straw from my coke... That movie just makes me angry.

Why do singers (need I add, not even nessacrilly good singers) try to act? Stick to the lip syncing, please. & why do actors think that they can sing? Once again, Hilary, give it a rest.

I'll be back when I think of more. :D

Mr.Blonde

Oh my god!!! That was a joke...

2 fast 2 furious was not a film, it was an abomination...

That makes me want to kill people too. *lol*

& Peter Pan! I have a friend who is obsessed with Jeremy Sumpter... I just think it's revolting... ](*,)

That was a seriously gay movie... You have to believe in fairies if you believe in Jeremy Sumpter. :wink:

So gay... :roll:

Hmmm.... For the matter I raised before: Don't see any films with Mandy Moore.

Unless you're REALLY into chick flicks *cough*

Mr.Blonde... you seem to enjoy replying to yourself... hmmm.

Right - worst movie?

Got another one for you! Scary Movie 3? 2? which one was it? Ah what ever the hell... they're all awful!

That's so true!!! Oh my god... how did I overlook them...? The scary movie trilogy (It doesn't even deserve the 'trilogy' label) Terrible.

Yes, I like replying to myself. I talk to myself aswell *lol* jokes, no wait, I was serious.

You're entitled to your own opinion. I don't care if nobody likes the films I like. I'm still gonna like em.

Some people just aren't into those films.

Back