Heading Out For Battle

picture.php

This is my rig for Saturday, but the good news is I'll be jamming a Sony FS100 in this baby come January. I'm getting pretty stoked. The next purchase after that will probable be a RED 17-50 PL mount. Anybody that can attest for that lens?

Last edited:
picture.php

This is my rig for Saturday, but the good news is I'll be jamming a Sony FS100 in this baby come January. I'm getting pretty stoked. The next purchase after that will probable be a RED 17-50 PL mount. Anybody that can attest for that lens?

oh my... and you call yourself an independent filmmaker do you??? ;)

very nice indeed. congrats.

My only hands on PL mount experience was with a Zeiss CP.2 50mm on a GH2. I was shooting second camera to a AF-100. While I can understand your desire to make the jump to a true cinema lens I probably wouldn't go that direction. I'd rather get a set of Zeiss ZF primes with the Duclos mod. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

My only hands on PL mount experience was with a Zeiss CP.2 50mm on a GH2. I was shooting second camera to a AF-100. While I can understand your desire to make the jump to a true cinema lens I probably wouldn't go that direction. I'd rather get a set of Zeiss ZF primes with the Duclos mod. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

No, that is logical thinking. ZF's rock and I have to buy an adapter anyway, so it might as well be a Nikon. Great stuff, SinEater.

Very nice! But how long does it take you to change a lens…? :)

Would second SinEater's comments about the Zeiss ZFs, used a set with a RED last month and was very impressed - the 85mm was particularly nice.

Unlike the CP .2s and the RED lenses they don't have accurate distance markings though, which may or may not be a problem. They're a step up from most SLR lenses, but still not cine lenses in that sense.

I meant the camera's lens mount. I guess you could support the lens on rails, though.

Yeah, I'd probably go with a rail mount thingy (sorry to get technical). To answer Chili's question - it's easy, the matte box swings out of the way and you have full access like a cheerleader on prom night.

Series? There's a series? I've only seen 'The Trip.'

Want want want want. What's the series called?

The Trip is the series… 6 x 30 minute episodes. If you like that you'll probably also like A Cock and Bull Story, also starring Coogan and Brydon and directed by Michael Winterbottom :)

Edit: Just remembered they cut the series together into a feature too, hence the confusion!

Last edited:
Back