• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Funding for Last Call: The Web Series

http://igg.me/p/46060?a=276806&i=shlk

Hello, I am trying to get some funding for my web series which I hope to start filming in January 2012, and premiere later next year. I have provided the link for the campaign page.

I do not have a website for it yet, and the facebook still does not provide much information, I know, but it will all be updated as it gets done, the website is in the works.

I am not trying to beg, and I know times are tough, but if you could donate so much as a dollar, every little bit helps. Also, I know the perks are not spectacular, but I am working with what we've got, and I am trying to give this series everything, and keep all the money on the production.

If you cannot donate, it is very understandable, but if you could help spread the word about it, and like it on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Last-Call-The-Web-Series/126725694100291

Thank you very much.

I do not have a website for it yet, and the facebook still does not provide much information...

I am not trying to beg, and I know times are tough.... Also, I know the perks are not spectacular, but I am working with what we've got...

That's not much of a sales pitch.. Not very many projects get funded as is, you started this prematurely. Look up some of PTP and the Clapper bored's stuff about crowdfunding. You need to build an audience and the website and what not first. THEN make the best sales pith in the world.. Something that everyone can get behind, like "this project is the cure for cancer."

If nothing else, don't point out every flaw you already have. I probably would have never realized your website and FB aren't set up. Now that I do it screams "even with money this project won't happen".

Hope you take this in a positive way, nothing personal, just might want to rethink your approach.

Spread the word about what?

Not being mean, but why would I tell anyone about this?
You have nothing to offer yet. I get it, you're working on
the website and facebook page and someday there will be
some information - but right now there is nothing.

I gotta say your IndieGoGo pitch is terrible. You want people
you don't know and who don't know you to donate money so
you can help some people get known? And like others said on
your other thread, this sounds like "Cheers". You say it isn't
like "Cheers" and I believe you. But your pitch makes this series
sound like "Cheers". How about a pitch that doesn't make us
think of "Cheers"?

You have jumped the gun. I suggest you do not ask for donations
until you have something ready. This is a really poor first impression.
I just don't respond well to, "The perks will not be the best, but we
will try to put something together for you." If you will not have get
perks don't offer them.

I appreciate everyone's input, I know its not much. and I know I did probably start prematurely, I am trying to get everything together as far as a website, and the facebook, I am still working at getting everybody on board, it just comes down to myself not thinking enough into it and jumping into setting up the funding page, I do appreciate the input. I was hoping to get the project done in January, which is why I went ahead and got it started up. I jumped the gun. I will work on getting everything together, and when I have a better setup, I will let everyone know, and I didn't take anything personally, this is a business that you have to live to be critiqued, right?

I understand getting excited and wanting everything to happen fast.

Crowd funding is a bitch, ain't it?

Back