• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "RECALL" Short Film

Interesting idea. Some of the editing and imagery was well realized. I also liked the music. The background noise really jumped around and took away from some decent acting. I think dubbing this and losing the noise would really fit with the rest of the mood - moments of mind travel, where the sound effects change and are tightly edited. I think that would go a long way to sucking some viewers deep into the experience.

I enjoyed it.

Interesting idea. Some of the editing and imagery was well realized. I also liked the music. The background noise really jumped around and took away from some decent acting. I think dubbing this and losing the noise would really fit with the rest of the mood - moments of mind travel, where the sound effects change and are tightly edited. I think that would go a long way to sucking some viewers deep into the experience.

I enjoyed it.

thanks man. i totally agree. i definitely need better mics

i definitely need better mics

Not necessarily - you just need a quiet spot to record in. You can use your camera in a walk in closet (with lots of clothes for padding). I noticed when you put the camera close to your actor's face (laying on the desk), you could hear the camera noise reflecting back. Have your actors about 18" away and say their lines just like they do in the movie. Record the background noise separately and use your editing program to control its volume.

I don't always take my own advice - I've made a few shorts where it's more for fun, so I often blow the dubbing process off. Some projects I turn much more attention to the sound, like this one, which was recorded in my closet, garage, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya2SQJyUxP4 (Yeah, I'm using a mic, but you can do this same type of audio recording, if all you have is a camera.)

Anyway, if you're having fun and practicing that's cool. But, I think your movie would be much better and even festival worthy if you worked that sound. Like I said, parts of the movie pull the viewer on the journey. Good luck

Back