CCTV lens for GH2...

Hi,

i just purchaced this lens...

http://www.aacctv.com/pawvle1fiir6.html

Panasonic TV LENSE WV-LF6 6mm 1:1.4

i got it for like £2.50p

i hope i have the right mount. anyways im waiting delivery and will post video's soon. anyone have any experience with using such a thing? i heard some really wide lenses may damage the sensor...???

You'll need an adapter to use it on the GH2, but I've heard of people using these. I've never heard of wide lenses damaging the sensor...that doesn't sound like something that would be an issue.

You'll need an adapter to use it on the GH2, but I've heard of people using these. I've never heard of wide lenses damaging the sensor...that doesn't sound like something that would be an issue.

it is. gh2 mirror isnt protected and some make-shift wider lenses can protrude inwards and damage the mirror...i hope this one isn't one of those...:l

some lenses have dodads sticking out the back, that if you don't have the right adapter can reach inside the camera body too far and cause issues.

Also, on the GH2 there is nothing but air in front of the sensor, easy enough to damage it. The cannons have a mirror there, and you can easily replace it. (relatively speaking)

some lenses have dodads sticking out the back, that if you don't have the right adapter can reach inside the camera body too far and cause issues.

Also, on the GH2 there is nothing but air in front of the sensor, easy enough to damage it. The cannons have a mirror there, and you can easily replace it. (relatively speaking)

wow, no mirror even...its even worse than i thought...

Hi,

i just purchaced this lens...

http://www.aacctv.com/pawvle1fiir6.html

Panasonic TV LENSE WV-LF6 6mm 1:1.4

i got it for like £2.50p

i hope i have the right mount. anyways im waiting delivery and will post video's soon. anyone have any experience with using such a thing? i heard some really wide lenses may damage the sensor...???

I don't own one but havent heard anything about damaging sensors. Some vignette allegedly. I think you'll need, at minimum, a C mount/m43 adapter.

wow, no mirror even...its even worse than i thought...

Well, if it had a reflex mirror, you wouldn't be able to use the lens you just purchased at all because the flange distance would not be shallow enough to allow it or the other plethora of adapter options in m4/3.

I don't own one but havent heard anything about damaging sensors. Some vignette allegedly. I think you'll need, at minimum, a C mount/m43 adapter.

Yup, c-mount adapter for those.

They will vignette significantly, especially at that focal length. If you dig around on some "other" forums you'll find people posting their results with similar CCTV lenses in "ETC" mode on the GH2.

As far as damaging the sensor, focal length isn't technically relevant. Many lenses (c-mount) have parts (as WG mentioned) that extend past the back of the adapter. The c-mount adapters are already slightly inset from the mount ring. Folks (again, "other" forum) have been modding the lenses so that the barrel portion behind the adapter is shortened and thus won't come into contact with the sensor.

Back