guerilla filming?

I think thats what its called. Going out and filming things without permission from anyone at anytime for anything?

I was thinking of doing something in reguards to camping but without obtaining permission from anyone...the campgrounds I am thinking of are private and one of them is Disney which is really big.

Initially its something I was going to do for just the local tv. Sometimes I don't feel like obtaining all this permission from everything about everything. While I get all of that...and I know the Disney thing is a big no no...

Its something thats been running through my mind. I just don't want to ask permission because I want it to be as real as possible and in real life I wouldn't ask a campground owner if I can film. But its just something swirling in my head right now.

Its no wonder nothing is done in LA anymore. In truth, I think Hollywood is on its way out. Or maybe its already out. Considering most films are filmed everywhere else. Bah Bye.

You've never lived in NoVA. Seattle traffic is a breaze, by comparison.

kari, do you plan on making a profit off this film? Do you think you have a reasonable chance of doing so? If so, then you kinda gotta stay on the up-and-up. Or, at least wherever you film guerrilla should be indistinguishable.

But if your making a movie that'll never make it's way into theatrical distribution, I say go guerrilla, and just don't give a shit, if that's what you wanna do. To me, the biggest downside to guerrilla is lack of insurance -- would be really bad if anyone got hurt, so make sure you play everything really safe.

I lived here for 14 years now, have no idea what traffic you re talking about..

Exactly. I5 is a nightmare, which is why you don't go near it, during rush-hour(s). But I can get from Shoreline to downtown in 15-minutes, no matter the time of day, and I do it by taking city streets.

Sorry for the derail. Go guerrilla!!!

Back