VFx Artists and 3D Animators Needed

For I, Creator 2 - Goddess Of The Hunt.

PromoPhoto.jpg

I, Creator 2 -- Goddess Of The Hunt

Now in Post.

3D animator / Visual Effects Artist needed to create backgrounds and to make 2 scenes from scratch as well as animate scenes from conceptual art.

I'm looking for someone who can match the style of my conceptual artist.

InsideAndromeda.jpg

Email-Andromeda-w-brain9000_edited-2.jpg

I, Creator 2 is a good 35 minute science fiction short being used to fund raise I, Creator 3 -- The Singularity at NATPE. I can't pay much and won't be able to pay before Spring 2012. I will only be able to pay a flat rate for the work. But, this is an excellent opportunity to have your work shown at NATPE before all of the television studios, distributors, investors, and talent agencies. People who make it to the end with IC2 are being asked to return for IC3 where we hope to get scale pay for our next production, IC3 together.

I'm not a VFX but I tested the waters a few months ago. It was amazing how crummy some of these VFX people were and they sure weren't afraid to charge.

The best offer and one of the most talented was this 15 y/o kid I found youtube. There are also some good AE guys that freelance out of the copilot forums -- I just couldn't afford them.

Well, I have a backup plan. If I can't find a local VFx / 3D animator, I'll get one or a company from guru.com. On guru.com, the employer is the boss. The employer specifies the job, the deadline, and the price. The employer will get bids from around the world from graphic companies and artists with topnotch resumes. If VFx artists and 3D animators can't help out struggling filmmakers in this country, hungry artists and graphic design companies from China, India, Russia, and France most certainly will jump at the opportunity. An American artist wanted to charge me $400 for a DVD cover design. I went to guru.com and got the packaging design company in China who designs the DVD box and disc for Sony PlayStation to do the job for $200.

So, let the VFx artists and 3D animators lose out from their false sense of entitlement. You can only get what the market can afford to pay you.

I used to design business cards for people. I only flat rated myself $20 and the rest was the cost of the materials for making the business cards. Some American artists charge $50 an hour and they only designed business cards no better than the ones in my portfolio. They need to look for a new career.

Last edited:
Honestly it depends on your caliber, ethics, industry, and whether or not you're union. I say if you're actually good, I'd be willing to pay a lot of money, but if your, forgive me for my language, good work looks like my sh*t work, then I might as well go and do it myself and save a buck. So honestly, sometimes you do get what you pay for but that's not always true. I wish it were so.

Honestly it depends on your caliber, ethics, industry, and whether or not you're union. I say if you're actually good, I'd be willing to pay a lot of money, but if your, forgive me for my language, good work looks like my sh*t work, then I might as well go and do it myself and save a buck. So honestly, sometimes you do get what you pay for but that's not always true. I wish it were so.

I'll answer that with this true life story, a graphic design company in Australia sent me their breakdowns for a budget for my job of 3 character model sheets, one full page conceptual art, and a logo design of their budget of $1,500 and they have nothing great to speak about on their resume.

A graphic design company in France that designed the look of the characters for the video game Blood Rayne and did the covers of over 300 science fiction novels worldwide met my price and did the work for $500.

So, it is VERY possible to get more for less. Big businesses are doing it all the time with this "Global economy."

And, I'll do it with the 3D animation and Visual Effects of my production as well with guru.com, since they have animators, filmmakers, and science fiction artists from all over the world.

If you are one of these guys with a false sense of entitlement, you'll lose out.

I had to take a big pay cut this year just to keep a job. I am standing on line with homeless people these days to make money turning in returnable bottles and cans just to buy a 2 liter soda to have something to drink in my mini studio apartment.

Back