• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Run Paul Run

Just because I can...

Actually I couldn't stand another minute looking at the Power Up Visual Effects, I needed a break, and wanted to get out side on what will likely be the last nice Saturday in these parts for a few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dcm6cwyr7s

Constructive criticism wanted? Good, cuz here it comes. :)

The first cut would be so much better, if it were cut on action. Get him as he's entering the frame, or at least while still moving.

The 2nd cut is a huge jump-cut. Perhaps that's intentional, though I'm suspecting not, and it feels rushed. I'd like to see him actually make the moves to prepare for that jump, from where we last left him, at the stand-still.

The 3rd cut is fine, but the 4th cut comes WAY too fast. That is supposed to be an uncomfortable shot, us looking down at the ground, from where he stands. But it's only confusing, when it lasts all of maybe 12 frames.

The final cut is also a pretty big jump-cut. He has barely left frame (or has he?), and then all-of-a-sudden, he's already absorbed impact on the ground. Besides giving the cut an extra second, to allow for his fall, I think I'd also like to see a shot of him first touching ground. Perhaps and ultra-close of his feet would do the trick?

Glad to see you taking a breath of fresh air from the Power Up dungeon, though. Sometimes it's good to step away. Cheers!

Back