Affordable yet good camera

So my friend's have decided to start supporting me with my Film ambition and I need a camera to use instead of renting out a crappy camcorder from my college. I'm looking for something which although being fairly low in price will still do everything I need it to do. I'm thinking digital is the way to go as it makes it easier to edit and such. I'm willing to spend about £150-£200 ($235-$315).

So yeah, any suggestions would be great and I appreciate your help.

Edit: After looking at some cameras online I've decided that my budget kind of needs to increase so lets say up to £350-£400 ($550-$630)

Last edited:
If you can find a Panasonic GH1 in stock somewhere it's a great camera for the price. They were going for $400-$450US with a kit lens towards the end of its life cycle. Once you apply a firmware hack you can get some amazing results with it. Of course, I'm not sure if you'll be able to find one left anywhere, they were replaced by the GH2 which is a bit out of your budget. The Canon T2i or T3i is also a good choice, but I think you'd have to go used to get within your price range. Of course, with any of these choices it'd be best to record audio on a separate recorder, which is also going to cost money.

Back