• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Two of the Same" Short Film

I've been looking through here and some of the amazing talent I have seen is quite daunting, but here goes ;) This is my first proper short film. It was good fun to make, I and the cast had great fun getting to grips with everything. Anyway, here it is, any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7cCUftIp1w

It's a 'psychological' film about coping with bad news.

I know there a problems with the audio quality (Particularly the voice over) This is because that was very rushed as it was part of a college course, I needed to get it all done by a deadline, and that came last. Bad planning I guess. I know some of the shots are amatuerish too, but I'm starting to catch on.

Last edited:
well done dude.

really good story.

like you said there was some audio issues, and maybe some performance issues.

but i really did enjoy the story and concept.

It kinda reminded me of Moon.

Thanks man, yeah the reason the performance quality is low is because I compressed the file with no real knowledge on how to compress videos properly. But yeah, there are other issues I know, but thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks man! I just wanted to try something the would challenge me in every way, and it did. It may not have turned out fantastic, but it was a good experience none the less! Yeah, Aronofsky and Nolan did influence me a lot at the time of making XD Thanks for the feedback :)

did u film this in exeter? I was there once...good shots and transitions but i cud defly tell ur audio was recorded in a set somewhere...maybe next time when doin audio over, do it outside? i duno thats prolly just the cheapest way ;)

Filmmaking is a visual medium. Show us, don't tell us. The vast majority of this story is told via narration. Might as well make a radio show.

For what it's worth, my advice is that your next short be much more action-oriented. I don't mean action, as in punching and fighting, but in the sense that stuff is happening on-screen, in continuous action. All those fade-ins are masking the fact that you really haven't yet edited much of a complete scene together.

Here's a challenge for you -- it will be more difficult than you probably imagine, and you'll learn a great deal about basic blocking, shot-selection and editing. I think your next short should take place in one location. You can't use any fade-ins or fade-outs. Narration is forbidden, and dialogue should be kept to a minimum.

You're right, the voice over was alot more... prominent than I had hoped, but I couldn't get it to work properly without it so in the end I sort of shoved it in (as you can tell)

So you mean like edit a full, linear scene? I'll give it my best shot, thanks for your feedback :)

And Googlyelmo, the voice over was very last minute and a bit much, I'll work on it in future XD

Cheers guys :)

Back