• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Forest, Deer, Crows & Nature

Not meaning to sound redundant...but I don't understand?

I haven't watch it with sound, and I mean no disrespect if this is a serious piece, but I've a feeling this is some sort of personal joke, or not at all serious?

Again, if it is isn't, I apologise.

I also didn't watch all the way through. Clearly.

Wow, wow, wow!!

Amazing beginning!

Interesting editing (there were some bits and pieces that felt awkward, but who cares)

The female deer (don't know how it's called) and her reactions to the sounds around her, while chewing her food, were stellar.

Did you notice the dancing gorilla :lol:

You are awesome.
You have no idea!

I haven't watch it with sound, and I mean no disrespect if this is a serious piece, but I've a feeling this is some sort of personal joke, or not at all serious?
No! This isn't a joke!
This is serious art.
Seriously.
I'm... offended.
No.
Really I am.
No.
Really.
No sh!ttin', man.
I'm just... livid.
Audio is HALF the experience.
What is wrong with you, Paper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

Interesting editing (there were some bits and pieces that felt awkward, but who cares)
The female deer (don't know how it's called) and her reactions to the sounds around her, while chewing her food, were stellar.
Did you notice the dancing gorilla :lol:
A - Indeed. Who cares?
B - Female deer are does. Males are bucks. Babies are fawns. But Soylent Green is still people.
C - :lol: Gorilla. Bear. What's the diff? :lol:

This was actually a test of several different things.
1 - I wanted to do the zoom thingie at the beginning to deliberately focus the audience's attention on an object otherwise lost in the foggy field. I think it worked okay, but it definitely looks like garbage for a legit nature documentary and fairly well as foreshadowing for the humor in the final product.
2 - I wanted to see how bad a 16:4 cropped SD clip looked edged up against a HD clip. Pretty bad, but tolerable for youtube.
3 - The free VideoPade NLE I'm using has no fancy text layering mid-clip capabilities, especially fading in & out which I relly like, so I figured out a possible work-around.
I cut that final clip into three parts, added the "Did you notice" text to the second part, added "Produced by" text to the third, blended the three together with 0.5sec cross-fades. Even on my cr@ppy monitor using my cr@ppy single core computer I can see the frame pause between clips, so now I know where my equipment's limitations are in this regard.
4 - I wanted to cross-fade text from a video clip into a blank page, which I did from the last deer shot onto the white blank at the end.

This was a little educational. :)

Last edited:
haha, I managed to count the 13 passes of the team in white, but, of course, didn't see the moonwalking bear... Genius awareness campaign.

haha, I managed to count the 13 passes of the team in white, but, of course, didn't see the moonwalking bear... Genius awareness campaign.
Yeah, well... That'd make a pair of us geniuses then, in all honesty.
Considering myself a fairly astute observer I shook my head dumbfounded I had missed the incredibly obvious afterwards.
Amazing.

All that's missing is Werner Herzog doing the narration. ;)
Provoked by the Herzog reference I just watched his GRIZZLY MAN doc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Man

LMAO!
Hmm... maybe I could... Hmm... :lol:

Yeah, well... That'd make a pair of us geniuses then, in all honesty.
Considering myself a fairly astute observer I shook my head dumbfounded I had missed the incredibly obvious afterwards.
Amazing.

I mean the awareness campaign LOOK OUT FOR CYCLISTS, you've posted (Test Your Awareness: Do the Test)

Like the genius anti alcohol campaign Alcovo Audio ( if I'm not mistaken) posted here.

:)

Is that a do, a deer, a female deer.

All that's lacking is a re, a drop of golden sun.:)

I've always thought it interesting how crows and deer will travel together. Its happened to me, and I've heard countless stories of deer being spooked by the crow that saw you first.:)

I think all that's lacking is a naked ray plunging into the meadow, grabbing one of the deer...that meaty one, I think, and ripping it apart with his bare hands and tearing into it with his teeth like the feral man-wolf that I suspect he really is. :)

Nice video. Love the sound of the crows cawing, but who doesn't love the sound of crows cawing?

I think all that's lacking is a naked ray plunging into the meadow, grabbing one of the deer...that meaty one, I think, and ripping it apart with his bare hands and tearing into it with his teeth like the feral man-wolf that I suspect he really is. :)

Nice video. Love the sound of the crows cawing, but who doesn't love the sound of crows cawing?
A - I don't know about the "naked" part, but this is the season for horror stories, so...
B - Re. feral man-wolf. Hmm... you know, if I was any good at compositing with AE and some blender-like 3D modeling that might make for a pretty interesting little scene.
Hmm...
C - Love the crows. I'm paving the way to hell with good intentions of recording them just hanging out on some of the local dead tree tops bitching and yelling at each other. I also have some nice turkey and black vultures, too.
I need a bigger boat... er... telephoto lens. ;)

Back