• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Playing It Safe - Short Film

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share one of our latest projects we did titled, " Playing it Safe ".

It's a short film about letting fear take over the things you love to do.

We shot it in a few days and had no budget as usual. Thanks for taking the time to check this out!

PLAYING IT SAFE
APPROX: 16MIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByuEoRPa8XA

321300_742834791714_75303527_35918331_2043486344_n.jpg

NOTE: Viewer discretion is advised.

Our next project is our feature film LIGHT OF EDEN. Keep your eyes out for that!

Our main channel - http://www.youtube.com/fcrabbath
Join our facebook page! - http://www.facebook.com/fcrabbathcreations

For more questions on the film, please visit our FAQs section on the main youtube channel.

Cheers!
Fred

My problem with it was, you were playing it too safe. It's just a biography of a sex abuser and his victims... Where's the interesting part?

Hey, I just realized that I'd seen some of you other films before, but hadn't connected the dots until now.

I'm liking the production value -- the cinematography is really great, especially the part where the world seems to be closing in and the camera is spinning around (I have a thing for tasteful dutch angles, BTW).

The story/pacing could have played faster (more cohesively), and some elements could have been cleared up (explain the glasses and why they work/don't work, for instance). But all in all, this is really great, especially for the Youtube crowd.

Bravo!

Last edited:
Actually this is film was very applicable to me right now, i dont think it will connect with everyone, but i felt the pacing and the scripting were actually hauntingly accurate. I almost feel like this could be PSA. Overall really well done!

My problem with it was, you were playing it too safe. It's just a biography of a sex abuser and his victims... Where's the interesting part?

Hey Kinglis,
Sorry you didn't find it interesting, the glasses were supposed to be the literal interpretation of being more cautious, and how victims try to cope with everything in their state of shock. It's a very difficult theme to do but it was an interesting challenge as a filmmaker. Hopefully you'll like the next film, and I understand that this film is not for everyone and I don't see a lot of films really take enough notice of this theme.

Thanks for watching guys,
I hope everything is okay Gripps.

I commented on this over on YouTube, I actually liked it quite a lot, but after thinking about it for a while I've thought of some things. The one thing that caught my attention with this is that it felt a little bit lacking. I agree with what Kinglis said, that you were perhaps playing it a bit safe. I get the themes and what you're doing, I just felt like you could have done more with it. And, the ending seemed a little less-than-satisfying to me. It came really quickly. All of a sudden they helped each other through this issue (I think). Of course it's a short so this is hard to do without rushing it.

Also one thing I didn't understand, how come the other girl seemed to be flirting with the teacher in the beginning? Was this an indication that she expected to have some sort of affair with the teacher and was taken advantage of? That wasn't entirely clear to me. The guy playing the teacher was pretty good for the most part, a couple of line deliveries didn't fly for me but he did a FANTASTIC job being a creep. The lead actress was also pretty good, but one thing I noticed from both her and the other victim is that they always seemed to be on the edge of an emotional breakdown. That is, they seemed like they were just about to let it all out but they never really got there. This felt like a limitation of the performers abilities to me, but it's very hard to expect that kind of performance from young actors.

Anyway, those are mostly nit-picky things. Overall I really liked this film and I like most of your productions, hence why I've been subscribed to you for a while on YouTube :)

I commented on this over on YouTube, I actually liked it quite a lot, but after thinking about it for a while I've thought of some things. The one thing that caught my attention with this is that it felt a little bit lacking. I agree with what Kinglis said, that you were perhaps playing it a bit safe. I get the themes and what you're doing, I just felt like you could have done more with it. And, the ending seemed a little less-than-satisfying to me. It came really quickly. All of a sudden they helped each other through this issue (I think). Of course it's a short so this is hard to do without rushing it.

Also one thing I didn't understand, how come the other girl seemed to be flirting with the teacher in the beginning? Was this an indication that she expected to have some sort of affair with the teacher and was taken advantage of? That wasn't entirely clear to me. The guy playing the teacher was pretty good for the most part, a couple of line deliveries didn't fly for me but he did a FANTASTIC job being a creep. The lead actress was also pretty good, but one thing I noticed from both her and the other victim is that they always seemed to be on the edge of an emotional breakdown. That is, they seemed like they were just about to let it all out but they never really got there. This felt like a limitation of the performers abilities to me, but it's very hard to expect that kind of performance from young actors.

Anyway, those are mostly nit-picky things. Overall I really liked this film and I like most of your productions, hence why I've been subscribed to you for a while on YouTube :)

Thanks for watching,
When the girl is flirtatious with the professor is because she is trying to suck up not have an affair. It's not until she gets too close that she gets hurt. Meaning she wanted to just suck up like other suck ups for the grade but the professor took it a step further.

The hard thing with this theme is it will never be satisfying to be honest with even feature length because of all the rich situations happening all around the characters and relationships. To fit that all in a 15 minute film is hard but of course no matter the case, the idea behind it was to focus on how to get over such an event was to help others. You and Kinglis think I was playing it too safe, but with such a sensitive subject, tastefulness is key to get the point across. Of course this is all matter of opinion as are all films. I do appreciate the review and the fact that you took the time to think about it and respond.

Thanks again for watching and I look forward to your next review.

It was a good watch. Production value is high. I suppose we're all trying to make sure that our stuff doesn't look and feel like indie material and feels more like hollywood.

Those aerobics shots were a damn good idea. Took me away from the story and added production value. Nice.

I've seen your stuff before. I recognized the logo. I need one :(
Keep it up. Good luck on the feature.
Best,
Aveek

Your cinematography is a beautiful as ever, the acting is terrific, and actually, I think it's edited and paced just fine.

The moral of the story is a tad questionable. It's almost as if it's saying that if a girl gets raped, she just wasn't being careful enough. Yikes.

Your cinematography is a beautiful as ever, the acting is terrific, and actually, I think it's edited and paced just fine.

The moral of the story is a tad questionable. It's almost as if it's saying that if a girl gets raped, she just wasn't being careful enough. Yikes.

I think the moral of the story was more about how to move on and live with that kind of trauma in your past. That's just what I got out of it though, I could be completely wrong :)

I think the moral of the story was more about how to move on and live with that kind of trauma in your past. That's just what I got out of it though, I could be completely wrong :)

Yup. That such glasses would be nice but don't exsist, and the best way to move on is to help others. Helping others helps yourself essentially.

Good short film. I think you did a great job with this one. It is not really the type of film I would watch more than once, but it was well done.

"I think the moral of the story was more about how to move on and live with that kind of trauma in your past. That's just what I got out of it though, I could be completely wrong "-tommygdawg

I agree with you tommy

Back