• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Creepy Scarlett - trailer

1st trailer / intro test for Creepy Scarlett. I still have to film the cemetery scenes with scarlett but this was good to test things out for the intro scene.
the narration will all be redone, it was from the audition piece she did, not quite sure of the final look of it yet either.
let me know what you think, :yes: or :no: or whatever

42 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bgnSh3cjI

Last edited:
Verrrry nice.
Nice slider/track action going on.
Nice scenes and composition.
The dialect is somewhat difficult at the very beginning to understand precisely what is being said, but the nature of the story is good. I like it.
And you did a good job knocking down the background music so that it doesn't compete with the voice over.

I look forward to more of your seasoned work. :)

Ray

Verrrry nice.
Nice slider/track action going on.
Nice scenes and composition.
The dialect is somewhat difficult at the very beginning to understand precisely what is being said, but the nature of the story is good. I like it.
And you did a good job knocking down the background music so that it doesn't compete with the voice over.

I look forward to more of your seasoned work. :)

Ray

thanks Ray,
i'll be rewriting the dialogue and getting it recorded properly once it's finished. just bought a glidetrack, i think it was good investment for some shots.

not quite seasoned yet but thanks :) 18 months since i uploaded my first short film, feels like forever ago, will just keep trying to get better :)

Nice job. That glidetrack defintely improves your shots and makes them more dynamic. I've been wanting to get one of those for awhile and watching that just makes me want to get one even more

Overall this is a nice teaser, I'd want to see more once it's done

Nice shots!

The only suggestion is the typography at the end -- completely out of place.

Other than that, it's looking good.

Looks really good! Audio is a little hard to understand, but I know you are already aware of this. The only other thing I want to mention is the typography at the end. You have these beautiful shots and then the typography makes it feel amateur. My suggestion would be a slower fade to black at the end. After it is completely black I would make the title appear, and then rather than the title fading, I would make it disappear and the "coming soon" appear. I would highlight these with a deep piano stroke when each appear (2 in total). I would also change the font.

That would just be my solution, but I implore you to at least change the font.

thanks TJones. I won't do handheld unless necessary so the glidetrack was worth getting.

thanks Pete & John. I actually meant to use the font here at 1.15 but kinda didn't :/ this font will fit i think as it will be quirky and dark humour hopefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmVXq04-U8

I use all pre-recorded tracks that a good composer lets me use, i just try to make it fit but will spend more time on that for the film.
it will be a couple weeks b4 the actress is free so will just play with my glidetrack till then :)

also here is the extended 'young scarlett' scene that i already filmed b4 i had the glidetrack, will be about 30 secs int he finished film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRI64n_x06k

Back