• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Silent Hill Blood Tears Short Film, finally out!

Blacks were pushed too far, casting was a little weak. Fairly good camera work, shame about the lighting.

Didn't feel like Sient Hill if i'm honest, i replayed the first game a few weeks ago so felt the need to comment. Music/sound was almost there. Locations were weak.

There's some enjoyable stuff in there. There does seem to be some technical issues, as Nathan has pointed out, but it doesn't detract too greatly from the overall presentation.

The biggest problem I noticed was the sound design, or at least the editing of the dialogue. For some reason (I'm guessing at too much background noise in the audio track, or something similar), at times, the dialogue is cut very abruptly. It was most noticeable at the 13min mark. A lot of the lines of dialogue end the split-second the character has finished speaking. It feels very unnatural, and is quite distracting.

On the whole, I'd say you've done a good job, but... this isn't as good as your other one. But, hell, not many sequels surpass the original! Nice one!

Back