• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Birthday Queen

I just found this whilst I was clearing a hard drive. It was a shooting exercise from film school and the brief was something like 'Two characters meet and during their encounter something happens to change their opinion of one another'. Something like that.

I was feeling ornery on that particular day so I did something a little silly.

http://vimeo.com/28434588

Please be warned that there is uncontrollably loud music at the end :lol: I was being even more ornery in the cutting room and decided to put that at the end as a surprise for when we were screening them- unfortunately I've lost the FCP files so I can't take it off. Well, it would require some effort at least.

I shot this in about half an hour and I realise that the continuity with the cup is all over the place. It was only a shooting exercise, I do have a better eye for detail, I promise!

I'm actually not convinced that this is my final cut because there's a horrible piece of editing at the beginning. Ah well, I guess it escaped my attention at the time. It was a one day thing. ONE DAY, I TELL YOU! ONE DAY!!!

It's a great idea!
I didn't notice the continuity jam of the water filled cup the first time I watched it. Only after I read your post and watched it again.

I had a problem hearing their conversation though, the volume was too low... (and yes, the music was too hi in the end :))

I agree with kinglis about the volume difference - I turned the volume up to hear the film, and then all of a sudden the music is destroying my headphones!

Was actually really good though, it felt like a deleted scene out of a show like Teachers (the British version, I haven't seen the American version so I can't comment on it's style).

I had a problem hearing their conversation though, the volume was too low... (and yes, the music was too hi in the end :))

I agree with kinglis about the volume difference - I turned the volume up to hear the film, and then all of a sudden the music is destroying my headphones!

He warned everyone about the volume thing, so ya'll stop complaining..

:lol:

I'm sorry about that. I realised that you need to turn the volume up in order to hear it so I felt it was only fair to warn you about the music at the end.

Any damage to headphone is not my responsibility :P

Thanks for saying you enjoy it. It was just a training exercise that was supposed to link into our final short film (Woolies) so you might be able to see how the two link up (hand held, awkward, fly on the wall style). Just a bit of fun :)

It was just a training exercise that was supposed to link into our final short film (Woolies) so you might be able to see how the two link up (hand held, awkward, fly on the wall style). Just a bit of fun :)

I loved this extract better than the whole Woolies thing, sorry, but this scene is great!

Back