• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Debut Feature Film Trailer

That's a nice trailer. I like the fast-paced edit, and that you kept it brief. I'd like to know more about the story, though -- perhaps just a few more details. Like, why are they on the road?

Cheers.

That's a nice trailer. I like the fast-paced edit, and that you kept it brief. I'd like to know more about the story, though -- perhaps just a few more details. Like, why are they on the road?

Cheers.

Thank you for the compliments. The story is about three friends that have just graduated from high school and set out on a road trip together.

Thank you for the compliments. The story is about three friends that have just graduated from high school and set out on a road trip together.

Cool. But I'm saying these details should be in the trailer. Also, what is the point of the journey? Or, if the point of the journey is just to take a fun vacation, then what is the point of the movie? I just need a little more explanation, not here, but in the trailer.

Cheers.

Cool. But I'm saying these details should be in the trailer. Also, what is the point of the journey? Or, if the point of the journey is just to take a fun vacation, then what is the point of the movie? I just need a little more explanation, not here, but in the trailer.

Cheers.

I can understand where you're coming from. But I always feel it is better to leave a viewer wanting more, especially for a trailer so we decided not to give away too much. Just the basic premise of the story.

But I respect your opinion. Thanks for giving me your two cents.

I can understand where you're coming from. But I always feel it is better to leave a viewer wanting more, especially for a trailer so we decided not to give away too much. Just the basic premise of the story.

But I respect your opinion. Thanks for giving me your two cents.

Oh, I agree. But you haven't given me any basic premise, in the trailer. Here's what I got, from the trailer:

Dudes take a road-trip (for some reason that I don't know).
Dudes do the typical young-adult thing, and question what it is that they're supposed to do in life.
Something mysterious is in their car (but that feels like an afterthought).

Other than the part about something mysterious in the car (the shot in which the dude says, "you should take a look at this"), everything I learned about this movie, by watching the trailer, is that it's a dramatic Road Trip movie.

That's really just the genre. High school graduates taking a road trip doesn't really count as a plot, because that is such a recognizable, well-established genre. For the most part, all you've given us, in this trailer, is the genre.

I'm asking for a little bit of the plot. You don't have to give everything away. But give us something. Or, in your words, give me the "basic premise". I'm not trying to shoot you down, bro. I'm just being honest -- as is, the trailer doesn't give the basic premise.

Oh, I agree. But you haven't given me any basic premise, in the trailer. Here's what I got, from the trailer:

Dudes take a road-trip (for some reason that I don't know).
Dudes do the typical young-adult thing, and question what it is that they're supposed to do in life.
Something mysterious is in their car (but that feels like an afterthought).

Other than the part about something mysterious in the car (the shot in which the dude says, "you should take a look at this"), everything I learned about this movie, by watching the trailer, is that it's a dramatic Road Trip movie.

That's really just the genre. High school graduates taking a road trip doesn't really count as a plot, because that is such a recognizable, well-established genre. For the most part, all you've given us, in this trailer, is the genre.

I'm asking for a little bit of the plot. You don't have to give everything away. But give us something. Or, in your words, give me the "basic premise". I'm not trying to shoot you down, bro. I'm just being honest -- as is, the trailer doesn't give the basic premise.

I'm unsure of how to respond and whether or not this is turning into a debate. The story is a coming-of-age character driven road trip movie.

But like I mentioned, thanks for your two cents and suggestions.

I'm unsure of how to respond and whether or not this is turning into a debate. The story is a coming-of-age character driven road trip movie.

But like I mentioned, thanks for your two cents and suggestions.

It's not a debate. It's feedback. I (the unbiased viewer) am letting you (the biased filmmaker) know how I'm reacting to the trailer. Take it for what it's worth, that's all.

All I've tried to do is to help you understand what it is that I think the trailer is lacking. Plot. Just a taste of it. "Coming-of-age, character-driven, road-trip movie" -- yeah, I got all of that from the trailer. What I'm trying to tell you is that I don't know what the story is.

Back