• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch High School Life, Part I: Stapled

Hey all,

I've just released a new a short comedy. I'd love to get some good comments and criticism. Let me know what ya'll think! :)

This film is a short excerpt from a day in the life of a typical high school student. This is Day I: Stapled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgerBrsWek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgerBrsWek

Thanks!
- Tommy

Last edited:
Watched it when you posted it. It was pretty entertaining, I watched all of it, but I didn't laugh out loud, it just entertaining enough to keep watching.

Definitely 2nd best one I've seen while on this website. The Dead Hour being number 1.

Hey, as long as you're entertained I'm happy with that. :) Thanks for watching! I'll have to check out The Dead Hour.

I don't really remember specifics, like editing, composition, lighting but it was pretty good. The dialogue was the only thing I didn't think was that good for a comedy. But there was 1 scene that was pretty funny.

EDIT: when he tells his friend he went to far.

I'm glad to see that you guys are still making movies, and improving. But holy crap, dude, you really should lock that camera down, at least every now and then. If I remember correctly, from a previous thread, you're doing the shake intentionally, no? It's too much. Also, if you can't consistently control the focus, it's probably a good idea to widen that depth of field. I'll continue to check your stuff out, though -- I like your high energy; I just feel like the stories need a bit more of a focus.

I'm glad to see that you guys are still making movies, and improving. But holy crap, dude, you really should lock that camera down, at least every now and then. If I remember correctly, from a previous thread, you're doing the shake intentionally, no? It's too much. Also, if you can't consistently control the focus, it's probably a good idea to widen that depth of field. I'll continue to check your stuff out, though -- I like your high energy; I just feel like the stories need a bit more of a focus.

I agree with you completely, Cracker. I am a big fan of docu-style filming and shaky cam, but not to the extent that it is in a lot of my films. I don't intend to be that shaky, it never seems as bad through the LCD on the camera as it does in the final product. It's something I'm working on getting better at and has even improved since this short was shot 1-2 months ago. I also agree with the focus, I should have used my f2.5 28mm lens for most of these instead of consistently using the Canon 50mm f1.8.

Thanks for continuing to watch and give feedback! It means a lot. :)

Back